• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Release Build outside of Workspace?

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've imported a Flash Catalyst FXP into Flash Builder for the purposes of adding basic full screen functionality.  The project is meant to run in Flash Player, and it contains several FLVs.  I am able to successfully export a release build with full functionality, however, if I move the release folder to a location OUTSIDE of the Workspace folder, the FLVs no longer play when called in Flash Player.  It is as if the pointers can't find the FLV files, even though they have been copied locally to the bin-release folder (/assets/media).  Everything else in the project appears to work fine.

I'm working in Mac OSX 10.6.6, Flash Builder 4.0.1, and Flash Catalyst 1.0.0.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm happy to supply more details if necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like I found the answer I was looking for.  Or actually my brother found it for me.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3390090

The Global Security Settings in Flash Player weren't allowing the FLVs to come through.  I had to enter a custom location in the security panel on the website below:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

Thanks Andrew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines