Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a community forum, not a route to Adobe tech support. But I don't think Adobe have any team supporting this product anyway. This page shows Flash Builder 4.7, the final version, reached End of Life in 2017.   https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/support/programs/eol-matrix.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply ... I understand all you wrote and all what is fact. I just would focus how Adobe support works, for paid services of course - we get response to post our question to the Adobe support community forum. So we expected support here, maybe someone that fixed simillar issue before or any tech team member that knows what to do with login to Adobe via IDE build by Adobe tech team. I understand that product is abandoned a few years, but still paid, still published without any word about closed support or any alert at product page:
https://www.adobe.com/products/adobe-extension-builder.html

I understand the forum idea, but I not understand why Adobe "product care" moved us to Adobe Support Community and why it is named as "Adobe Support" Community, that there is no support from Adobe ...

My apologies for everyone reading this thread ... maybe Adobe should stop sale their products without any warranty or support.

We still have a few clients using our extension that does not plan update their Adobe applications (almost CS5) and pay more for latest versions, so we need working with Extension builder (because of older Adobe versions does not support HTML panel we are using for new extension versions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

" for paid services of course - we get response to post our question to the Adobe support community forum."

This is just good luck. These are comminity forums. Members of the community often are very experienced and can solve many issues. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL ADOBE PRESENCE. Even Adobe staff who visit frequently do so in their own time, and are often driven away by the incessant demands from some users that they give official support. 

"tech team member" -- my speculation is the team you refer to no longer exists. Why would anyone keep it existing after product end of life?

" I not understand why Adobe "product care" moved us to Adobe Support Community" This drives community members CRAZY and there have been many complaints. Some support professionals seem to use this as a quick way to close a call without a difficult conversation. 

"maybe Adobe should stop sale their products without any warranty or support." This is an interesting debate. I agree Adobe could handle it much better when they quietly close down a product team. There MAY be legitimate reasons for a user, fully warned, to buy unsupported software but they should probably be forced to answer a questionaire or something. I think maybe the team themselves hope that some future pressures will cause them to come back together. More likely, once the team is gone there is nobody to push the site changes to indicate the status. Much room for improvement here. 

Some cutoffs are clearer. For example Flash Player is reaching end of life this December, and we expect Adobe to stop offering Flash Player, and Microsoft to remove it from their systems. I imagine your extensions will also stop working, but no clear info is available. Your clients might like to know this to start their planning for migration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines