Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.6 Mobile Project Using Blazeds & Native Extension

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm building a Flex Mobile project in FB, that uses BlazeDS to access data through a Spring Project, and also uses an ANE file to access the device's contacts.  I want to debug the application on a device connected with a USB cable, so had to set my root and output folders in Server Settings  using UNC so it can be found from my device thru my wifi network. I also have added the native extension via the Build Path and Packaging tabs.  When I debug from a desktop emulator, things launch OK and the extension correctly tells me it's not supported on the emulator. However, if I debug on the device, FB throws an exception at launch, complaining of a java null pointer exception.  The Eclipse log, in part, looks like this:

com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.AbstractXMLModel$FileReadException: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/NewOne-debug/NewOne-app.xml' does not exist.

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(ApplicationXMLModel.java:102)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.init(AppXMLCreator.java:91)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:80)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.AppXMLCreator.<init>(AppXMLCreator.java:73)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.getAppXMLCreator(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:153)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.retainExtensionIds(AppXMLFileANEExtensionHandler.java:315)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:371)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.ANEController.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(ANEController.java:338)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.utils.ANE.AbstractANEPackageHandler.modifyAppXMLforPackaging(AbstractANEPackageHandler.java:91)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.launchhandlers.AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.applyNativeExtensionDetails(AbstractMultiPlatformLaunchHandler.java:164)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.doPackage(ADBLaunchHandler.java:424)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.android.launching.ADBLaunchHandler.launch(ADBLaunchHandler.java:250)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:191)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:244)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:134)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/NewOne-debug/NewOne-app.xml' does not exist.

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkExists(Resource.java:320)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessible(Resource.java:194)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:287)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.getContents(File.java:278)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.air.internal.xml.ApplicationXMLModel.<init>(ApplicationXMLModel.java:100)

... 19 more

I guess the problem is that when the application tries to run on my device, the extension is not finding the application descriptor file.  Is there anything else I need to do?

I appreciate any help.

Jay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Here's the fix in case anyone else runs into this problem.  When Flash Builder is building the deployment during launch, it converts the mapped path to a mangled local path for the ane to find the descriptor to a relative path, which can't be found and throws the null pointer.  Making the Output Folder path actually local to the computer, as opposed to the default that FB creates, resolves the error, and still allows blazeds access from the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the fix in case anyone else runs into this problem.  When Flash Builder is building the deployment during launch, it converts the mapped path to a mangled local path for the ane to find the descriptor to a relative path, which can't be found and throws the null pointer.  Making the Output Folder path actually local to the computer, as opposed to the default that FB creates, resolves the error, and still allows blazeds access from the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! You saved my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines