• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash builder 4.6 with Flash CS5.5 mobile work flow

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mobile application built in flash professional. For captive runtime or native extensions i use the command line.

I now want to start using flash builder, as i hear this is the undisputed better coding environment.

In flash builder, i created a 'flash professional project' to work on my app with both tools simultaneously.

I thought flash builder 4.6 would give me options like captive runtime or native extensions without using the command line.

However i dont see these options at all. When i am using a 'flash professional project' in flash builder, am i essentially just using flash builder as a code editor, and all export settings are still handled in flash IDE ? Meaning i cannot take advantage of captive runtime+ ANEs unless using an 'actionscript mobile project'

Please advise.

Also, even if i use it as just a better code editor, i am not finding it better so far.

syntax highlighting seems poor

simple things like touch events.

function parameters or inside the function like e.touchPointID , e.stageX

none of this is highlighted.

or as simple as

ball.x;

the .x would normally be highlighted, but it is not in flash builder.

--------

Basically, i am finding as a tool to use with flashIDE as a flash professional project, so far i am seeing no benefits. Please help me to discover what i am missing about this editing environments mobile work flow.

also when i hit ctrl+s to save my work, it jumps between the two programs... saving the project i suppose? hard to just quickly save as you go in case of crashes and such.

(using winsows 7)

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ba-bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines