• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player plugin causing reboots and/or total system freezing on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using latest OS X (11.4 El Capitan on a 13" retina Macbook Pro), with 21.0.0.213 Flash Player / Safari Plugin.

At first, I had this specific issue: when bringing a YouTube video into fullscreen, about 10% of the time it would reboot the computer and cause the login screen to appear, even though the Mac's settings are to auto-login and not prompt for the password.

After resintalling OS X, making a new user, AND replacing the logic board, I still have issues. However, to my knowledge, I am not having the full-screen video issue anymore, but now Flash player plugin usage (having a video playing) has caused my mac to totally freeze. I've contacted Apple to send in crash log files, but since all issues have been caused by Adobe Flash Player I wanted to note this here if anyone has any help/support. I have a variety of crash log notes saved in a text file if that's of interest.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines