• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the application id of a mobile project?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mobile flex project, when I go to test it on a device I get this error.

ERROR: The AIR application ID "net.test.test.debug" does not match the pattern "net.test.test" specified in the provisioning profile. Either change the applications ID, or use a provisioning profile that matches the existing ID.

When I go to the' Run Configurations' interface and attempt to change the AppID field it has no effect.  I get the same error no matter what I change the AppId to.

Apparently this parameter is being set somewhere else that I don't know about.  I have tried deleting that configuration and duplicating it from scratch.  But nothing works.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might also add that it will allow me to do a production release without problem- just when I try testing it does this problem occur.  This occurs whether I use standard packaging or fast packaging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this topic which seems similar but I am missing how the problem was solved.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4748238

When I manually change the AppID in the provided field it gets ignored.  Interesting I have another project that doesn't have this problem- a .debug doesn't get added.  I don't understand why it is happening or how to fix it other than to hack my way through by going to apple and making a bogus provisioning profile for debug only... I am going to do this but I would really like to know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a really old thread, but for anyone still struggling... try this:

Go to Debug Configurations > select the debug config > edit Appid to remove the .debug or whatever you have to do to make it match your provisioning profile > click Apply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines