• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Flash Builder 4.6 plugin for Eclipse 4 (Juno)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Juno (Eclipse 4.2 32bit) and wanted to install my FB 4.6 plugin, but the installer says "Adobe Flash Builder requires Eclipse 3.6 or later" - which is bunk, as Juno is the latest and version 4.

Sounds like a bug w/ the installer not recognizing any Eclipse versions above 3.X.

How do I work around this?

Thanks,

B

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Install on Eclipse 3.7 then copy the dropins folder to 4.2 installation.

The first Eclipse Start was slow and on the first switch to Flash Perspective I received NullPtr. But on the next start everything was ok.

I can debug, build GUI, create new Flash Projects... Maybe some things will not work... But I don't think I will need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install on Eclipse 3.7 then copy the dropins folder to 4.2 installation.

The first Eclipse Start was slow and on the first switch to Flash Perspective I received NullPtr. But on the next start everything was ok.

I can debug, build GUI, create new Flash Projects... Maybe some things will not work... But I don't think I will need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround worked for me just as explained - got the NPE, then 2nd launch seemed fine. Will require more testing to be sure that everything works as expected.

One note - I wasn't able to install the plug-in to v3.8 either, didn't try 3.7, just installed 3.6 and that worked.

I also just copied the fb-4_6-plugin-encoded.link file from the dropins folder, not the whole folder itself, but that probably makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no workaround I have tried so far can get Flash Builder 4.6 working with Juno on OSX Lion / Mountain Lion. It works fine under Windows 7 with the above workarounds, but refuses to work under OSX.

Eclipse crashes right after picking the workspace location, throwing the following message ( if I remove the .link to Flash Builder from dropins, Eclipse functions correctly again... so it's definitely something with the plug-in ; PS: the eclipse.ini is correctly updated 😞

Invalid memory access of location 0x10 eip=0x983c66bc

Bus error: 10

Totally wonderful... Also, seemingly Flash Builder plug-in installs without a problem on Helios but it doesn't actually seem to load the plug-in at start-up. Can't create new projects / files related to Flash Builder. Adobe... any chances you're going to move a muscle to fix these issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one from Adobe interested in looking into this issue? YOUR SOFTWARE DOESN'T WORK when installed as a plug-in on Mac OS X! What on Earth is this? If I install in for Helios, it doesn't recognize the plug-in at all ( can not create any Flash / Flex / Air / ActionScript related projects or anything similar ).

Provide answers, workarounds, whatever! Just make it work already on Mac OS X!

PS: Just to avoid useless questions: It was not working on Lion either and nor is it working on Mountain Lion. The following is the stack I get if I run Eclipse Juno with -consoleLog argument ( and this after dropping the Flash Builder 4.6 link into the "dropins" folder of Juno 😞

!SESSION 2012-08-24 01:20:54.087 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=I20120531-1500

java.version=1.6.0_33

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins 4 0 2012-08-24 01:21:09.494

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle "reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins_1.1.200.v20120301-2145.jar" by thread "Start Level Event Dispatcher".

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1088)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.suspend(AbstractBundle.java:564)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.suspendBundle(Framework.java:1207)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.suspendBundle(PackageAdminImpl.java:326)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.processDelta(PackageAdminImpl.java:467)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.doResolveBundles(PackageAdminImpl.java:251)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl$1.run(PackageAdminImpl.java:174)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$BundleStatusException

... 8 more

Root exception:

org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$BundleStatusException

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1088)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.suspend(AbstractBundle.java:564)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.suspendBundle(Framework.java:1207)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.suspendBundle(PackageAdminImpl.java:326)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.processDelta(PackageAdminImpl.java:467)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.doResolveBundles(PackageAdminImpl.java:251)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl$1.run(PackageAdminImpl.java:174)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:15.923

!MESSAGE [SCR] Found components with duplicated names! Details:

Component1 : Component[

name = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf

activate = activate

deactivate = deactivate

modified =

configuration-policy = optional

factory = null

autoenable = true

immediate = false

implementation = org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.ECFTransportComponent

state = Unsatisfied

properties = {p2.agent.servicename=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.Transport}

serviceFactory = false

serviceInterface = [org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.spi.IAgentServiceFactory]

references = null

located in bundle = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf_1.0.100.v20120305-0333 [313]

]

Component2: Component[

name = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf

activate = activate

deactivate = deactivate

modified =

factory = null

autoenable = true

immediate = false

implementation = org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.transport.ecf.ECFTransportComponent

state = Unsatisfied

properties = {p2.agent.servicename=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.Transport}

serviceFactory = false

serviceInterface = [org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.spi.IAgentServiceFactory]

references = null

located in bundle = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf_1.0.0.v20110510 [1077]

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.event 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:15.927

!MESSAGE [SCR] Found components with duplicated names! Details:

Component1 : Component[

name = org.eclipse.equinox.event

activate = activate

deactivate = deactivate

modified =

factory = null

autoenable = true

immediate = false

implementation = org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent

state = Unsatisfied

properties =

serviceFactory = false

serviceInterface = [org.osgi.service.event.EventAdmin]

references = null

located in bundle = org.eclipse.equinox.event_1.2.100.v20110502 [1038]

]

Component2: Component[

name = org.eclipse.equinox.event

activate = activate

deactivate = deactivate

modified =

factory = null

autoenable = true

immediate = false

implementation = org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent

state = Unsatisfied

properties =

serviceFactory = false

serviceInterface = [org.osgi.service.event.EventAdmin]

references = null

located in bundle = org.eclipse.equinox.event_1.2.200.v20120522-2049 [280]

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized.  Will retry after the state location is initialized.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins 4 0 2012-08-24 01:21:16.044

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.dropins.

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1177)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry cannot be cast to org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.IProfileRegistry

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.ProfileSynchronizer.synchronize(ProfileSynchronizer.java:138)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.synchronize(Activator.java:461)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:176)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)

... 12 more

Root exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.SimpleProfileRegistry cannot be cast to org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine.IProfileRegistry

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.ProfileSynchronizer.synchronize(ProfileSynchronizer.java:138)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.synchronize(Activator.java:461)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Activator.java:176)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:390)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1177)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Logback config file: /Users/barnabiro/Desktop/workspace-juno/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration/logback.1.0.0.20110607-2117.xml

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: Initializing logback

org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: eclipse.consoleLog=true

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:17.392

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:17.392

!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:17.739

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:17.740

!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2012-08-24 01:21:18.396

!MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:18.738

!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-08-24 01:21:18.739

!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for COMMAND+SHIFT+F12:

Binding(COMMAND+SHIFT+F12,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.command.searchForTask,Search Repository for Task,

Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.navigate,Navigate,null,true),

org.eclipse.ui.internal.MakeHandlersGo@6761e6,

,,true),null),

org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,

org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

Binding(COMMAND+SHIFT+F12,

ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.adobe.flexbuilder.flashbridge.export.publish.movie,Publish Movie,

Publish in Flash Professional,

Category(com.adobe.flexbuilder.flashbridge.flashProCommands,&Flash Professional,null,true),

org.eclipse.ui.internal.MakeHandlersGo@1eda628,

,,true),null),

org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,

org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,cocoa,system)

Invalid memory access of location 0x10 eip=0x983c66bc

Bus error: 10

I can get Flash Builder working under Windows buy installing it on an older version of Eclipse and then copying the link to the "dropins" folder in Juno, but the same thing doesn't work under OS X ( it only crashes the IDE shortly after startup - never goes beyond the initialization / splash screen ).

The above was done on a completely new Juno "install".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: I installed eclipse Eclipse 4.3 Kepler and copied the fb-4_6-plugin-encoded.link to the new dropins folder. I can confirm that debugging, building gui, compiling, editing etc of Flash Builder 4.6 works! Now I saw the NullPtr after switching to "Flash Debug" Perspective but again only the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If possible, upgrade to Flash Builder 4.7 or just switch to Intellij IDEA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The workaround seems like a royal pain, and it could be weeks or months until one discovers what didn't work by following it.

It would be nice to hear from Adobe on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get the perscribed work around to work on my MacBook Pro.  Juno just crashes.  I am gonna try some other things and if I find a solution I will let everybody know what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do keep us apprised Ched. That'll be very useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Builder 4.6 supports installation as a plugin to an existing Eclipse instance. To do so:

• Complete the installation process as described above.

• Navigate to the installed Flash Builder installation location and open the utilities folder.

• Run the executable Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 Plug-in Utility.exe.

• Select the language and click on OK.

• Select the Flash Builder installation location if prompted.

• Select the Eclipse folder into which you want Flash Builder 4.6 to be plugged into and click Next. (Note: Your copy of Eclipse must be version 3.6/3.6.1/3.6.2/3.7, 32-bit and must contain a folder named “dropins”)

• Review the pre-Installation summary and click on Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This entire thread is based on the premise that doing the above doesn't work Ken, which it doesn't. You have to do Toshe-De's workaround. Your own post indicates the problem - Eclipse must be version 3.6, 3.7 etc., Juno is v4, so your reply is basically how to repro the problem, not a solution, but it's good to have the repro steps too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the reason I added the reference to the requirements for plugin usage is simply to point out that the instructions given by Adobe DO indeed work as advertised, noting the following:

1) Software, by its nature, has compatability requirements, and in this case Eclipse must be 3.6 to 3.7.  The original question stated that "it must be a bug with the installer", where that simply isn't the case.  The installer works well within the stated requirements.  The original poster is assuming that the plugin MUST work with post 3.7 Eclipse verions, which it clearly does not.

2) Toshe-de did indeed suggest a "workaround" to the Adobe requirements, and as noted, there may be risks to this down the road.  This is just the way it is, however, when one wants to exceed a vendor's requirements or limitations.  It is quite obvious to all that Eclipse is moving on, while Flashbuilder is not.  Apparently, Adobe is not committed to continuing FB development, and so in the mean time...life goes on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mac users: I tried some tricks but also didn't succeed to run Flash Builder 4.6 on my OS X Partition on my Macbook. But the new Flash Builder will support 4.2 so if you have no problems using beta software you can download it from here:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashbuilder4-7/

Edit: There is also a 64-bit version for Windows users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii,

I am using Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 premium as a plugin in Eclipse. During the first time installation it worked properly but my Flash Debugger was not working so i tried to uninstall Flash Builder and reinstall it again But now i am not able to see the Flash Builder plugin in my Eclipse Juno 4.2 version even after Installing it completely and also installing the plugin for eclipse....?

If anyone having idea abt it please reply..

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for me it worked fine for Eclipse Juno...I neither needed to copy any folder (like dropins etc.). The difference is that I used Adobe Flex Builder 4.7 premium installation and the plugin is built-in. Perhaps they had fixed it.

What I did?

1. Install Adobe Flex Builder 4.7 premium
  2. Run the plugin utility exe placed at: {installation directory like C or D}:\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\utilities\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 Plug-in Utility.exe
  3. Provide Flex and eclipse installatin directories. Done with the flex perspective installation.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update for the yesterday's Eclipse 4.4 Luna:

Flash Builder 4.6 (Windows) works with Luna out of the box, without even throwing NullPtr.

One have to copy the "dropins/fb-4_6-plugin-encoded.link" from the old eclipse installation.

Recently I found another way while inspecting the installer:

The plugin installer only checks if the selected eclipse root folder contains the file ".eclipseproduct".

If one makes a backup of the file and replaces the content with the following lines, the plugin installer works:

----

name=Eclipse Platform

id=org.eclipse.platform

version=3.7.0

----

So one don't need to download the old indigo builds just to copy the link file.

Note: While the file "fb-4_6-plugin-encoded.link" just points to the Flash Builder install dir, on a fresh FB installation it is not enough to just manually create this file.

The plugin installer must succeed once, as it also modifies the FB installation. Otherwise eclipse throws strange exceptions.

Hope that saves you some hours, as FB 4.6 is the last version with design view, that works with the "flex-sdk-description.xml" tricks even on newer Apache Flex SDKs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw this and decided to try getting Luna to work with FB 4.6 on a Mac OS X 10.9.3.

I couldn't use the ".eclipseproduct" trick, so I downloaded a 32bit Indigo Eclipse and installed the Flash Builder 4.6 plugin to that. Then I copied the "fb-4_6-plugin-encoded.link" to a 32bit Luna Eclipse.

I tried opening an MXML file from a project I imported into a new workspace, but only a partial window of it came up and then got errors like "An internal error occurred during: "Updating indexes". org/eclipse/core/runtime/internal/adaptor/BasicLocation". Once I did an "Check for Updates" and upgraded everything (I believe it was M2E that was giving that error) I then got an error complained about needing JVM 1.7. I just commented out the "-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.7" from the eclipse.ini and to my surprise, I had it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines