Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Scroll Thumbnail Images with my Mouse Hover in AS3

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to creat an image gallery scroll with a mouse hover in Flash CS4 with AS3. I have read many articles of code and have watched several tutorials, and while close, I still cannot figure it out, so maybe someone with more experience can view my attachments (I cannot upload my flash file so I've provided screenshots) and watch the tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrIQqu2MkU to see what I'm missing? He is using AS2 in his video, while again, I am using AS3. Regardig the attachments, A-C, A is showing the first Movie Clip and it's code, B the second MC inside the first MC with code, and then C, the buttons inside the second MC with code that may not be necessary.

At about 22:41-22:49 in the Youtube tutorial is what I am trying to achieve. What I am trying to do is ONLY at this point in the video, not the very end because I do not want my images to continue to scroll on their own, but instead only with the mouse hover.

Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the exact FULL name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash. I edited my post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That tutorial is obsolete because it exports an SWF file. SWF files are obsolete. I am mentioning this in case you missed it, because it is very important. At the end of 2020 Flash Player reaches end-of-life and will be blocked for almost all users. Almost all Flash-based web sites and apps will stop working. More info from Adobe https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The adobe Flash Player is going to be obsolete. Flash professional that you build with is now Animate. So as far as I understand it will not be absolete because although I'm using an swf to test my code and share here, I can ultimately export my file in html etc to get it online. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines