• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Flash custom cursor in the new environment

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a cool flaming and smoking custom cursor for a client's firewood website. Now that none of the big browsers show flash .swf files, what can I do to still be able to use this custom curser?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do wish people would mess with the cursor. But if you must, you still can: https://css-tricks.com/using-css-cursors/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Test Screen Name.

My client really wants to use this legacy flaming cursor, and I must admit, it's pretty dang cool. What other methods are there to take this old flash file and have it work in the newer environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't take a Flash anything and make it work - you have to start again and redesign it for the new world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you know anyone that has the skill to redo it in the new world? I don't know CSS that well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines