Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icon path restricted error when building release version for ipad3

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i get the following error when building the release build ipa file for ipad 3: "The path icon.png is restricted. If you were trying to package Icon.png you should correct the case."  In debug mode everything works. My icon is under assets folder and added in the app-xml with:

<icon>
<image72x72>assets/icon_72.png</image72x72>
</icon>

Did I missed something in configuration? Seems to be that the problem is known but cant find a solution for it. If i try to packegae per command line despite the fact building works I could not install the app. When I change the icon tag to use no icon everything works fine. Any ideas?

Greetz and thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it. When you export the release build you can choose package contents to be compiled in the ipa. When I tried to add an icon at first I named it icon.png, which seems to be a reserved name. The configuration to include this icon.png was still saved though i deleted it. Wired... After unchecking the ceckbox for icon.png not to be compiled in the ipa, the release build was build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines