• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a limit to the amount of SWCS I can use in my Flash Builder app?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2010 Jun 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 swc folders in my flash builder project that includes about 40 swcs total. Each swc is a simple flash animation with a size of about 500 kb each. When I include and complile about 20 of them in my project, things work fine.

When I try to include all my swcs, the app compiles, but when i make changes in my code and save those changes, each time the compile becomes slower and eventually my flash builder freezes at about 52%, gives me a "java heap error" message, and then crashes. After restarting FB, when I take out most of the swcs from the build, FB acts normal again. Attached is a screen shot of my error.

Is there a limit in size or amount of swcs that I can use in my FB application?

heap-error.jpg

swcs.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are no limits. But there is a known memory leak (which is being fixed for a later release).

Would it be possible to attach a sample SWC so that we can confirm whether this is a known leak or not? I'll take care of filing this in bugs.adobe.com.

Meanwhile, in your Flash Builder installation directory, you can edit FlashBuilder.ini to bump up max heap size by editing:

-Xmx512m

to

-Xmx800m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines