• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library project errors and imports of projects using them

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is something that I have put up with in FB for a long time now, but I decided to try doing some research today to see if there is a workaround as it is very annoying. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything.

I attempted to file a bug/feature request, but it turns out that for some unknown reason FB is the only Adobe application that gives a link to another url (http://bugs.adobe.com/flex/) and, today at least, the link is dead so I have to post here instead.

The problem is with library projects (which I love by the way). I use them a great deal and for more than just creating standalone APIs. As do many others, I like to have the core of many of my cross-platform projects in a library so that I can create other ‘harness’ projects for different runtimes and use the same bulk code. This way I can just write code in each master project that is particular to that runtime be it air or web or whatever - this is a great bit of functionality that I would really miss were it not there.

As a result of this workflow however, I am often working in the library project directly in order to update all versions of a project. The problem arises when there is an error in the library project. When this happens, all the projects reading from the library lose all linkages to the swc and as a result the problem tab fills up with hundreds of problems that don’t exist, because as far as those projects are now concerned the swc no longer exists.

Now I understand why this happens but surely FB could be made to understand what is going on and override (what I assume is) the compiler’s behaviour, and just not display these errors.

This whole thing is exacerbated by (and may not even be that big a problem where it not for) the fact that I am forced to turn off 'build automatically' due to the 4.7 crash bug that has been reported here numerous times. Because of this I tend to write large chunks of code between each compile so I don't instantly know what has broken.

Please save the feature that I enjoy so much by either getting FB to deal with the situation better or by fixing the crash bug so I can use ‘build automatically’ again… or god forbid… fix both!! I can dream. J

If anyone has any good tips regarding this please let me know.

Many thanks,

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines