Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to install burrito as an eclipse plugin nor upgrade standalone version

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2011 Jun 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm stuck on having to keep two IDE with Burrito flash builder version.

During Installation, I don't have the "Install as an plugin" option, neither with the downloaded FB4.5 premium, nor with my standard dvd version.

Is it normal? What can be my problem?

I've number of eclipse plugin like Maven, Gds, pmd, checkstyle, SpringIDE, Wtp... And Having two separate IDE is very unconvenient.

The second problem is with the Standalone version: I'm not able to upgrade the eclipse core (from 3.6RC1 to 3.6.2), eclipse don't restart after that (I noticed a Jira issue on it). ThereFore I'm not able to install my plugins like M2Eclipse...

So with these two issues, I'm stuck on keeping two different IDE with linked resources, something that I really don't like (I already have this at work 'cause we're using RAD, and I don't want to have the same crappy development environment at home).

Is this a workaround? Any chance or delay to have one and only one IDE for developping rich web application using Flex, Maven, Spring, Modelling...

In the other hand, I wanted to greet Adobe for their far better stable release and compatibility with eclipse .

Best regards, Charlie

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

After installing FB, you will find Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Plug-in Utility.exe under <FB installed folder>/utilities. That can be used to plugin FB into existing eclipse. Please let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will test this while behind my PC, (at 6 P.M GMT+1).

Thanks for your responsiveness.

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're the man!

I just have to delete the old FB4 link into dropins folder, use the utility, create a new workspace and importing project, and it work perfectly!

The thing that I don't understand is that standalone install does not support eclipse updating, but plugin in FB4.5 on an upgraded Eclipse works...

Sounds strange to me, but I'm very happy to work with one and only one IDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines