Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Package Explorer Error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

today I uninstalled Flash Builder 4.0 and installed 4.0.1 Version. After activating FB, I opened and got the following error in the Package Explorer.

Could not create the view: Plug-in "com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor" was unable to instantiate class "com.adobe.flexbuilder.as.editor.ui.packageexplorer.FlexPackageExplorer".

Why is FB giving this error?

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

ND

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

After the re-installation, Eclipse/p2 might not be able to clear the bundle cache to point to the new jars. The flag '-clean' clears the existing cache of the bundles and re-builds  the cache by scanning through the plug-ins once again

Can you please try launching FlashBuilder using -clean option : flashbuilder.exe -clean

Do you any 3rd party plug-ins installed on FlashBuilder installation ? Please post your results after using the above command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the re-installation, Eclipse/p2 might not be able to clear the bundle cache to point to the new jars. The flag '-clean' clears the existing cache of the bundles and re-builds  the cache by scanning through the plug-ins once again

Can you please try launching FlashBuilder using -clean option : flashbuilder.exe -clean

Do you any 3rd party plug-ins installed on FlashBuilder installation ? Please post your results after using the above command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the solution.

Before doing that, I changed my workspace form default FB workspace to my old workspace. After doing that, it did not show any errors. Maybe it has something to do with windows 7 and the relative/absolute path problems, because after connected to company network, there was no problem. I had a similiar problem  with Flash Catalyst but was a long time ago. Anyway, the "-clean" solution is working too. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines