• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permanent loop of "updating links to source folders" while compiling

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2011 Aug 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fairly large project with source folders including 4 linked source paths.  Frequently, when I make changes to the project settings, the next build goes absolutely berserk and I have to forcibly shut down FB.

The builder gets stuck in a loop doing the following:

"Building workspace.  Invoking 'Flex' on /ProjectName/

"Updating links to source folders" (x4)

Over, and over, and over....

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only seems to happen with source folder links _outside_ the project folder.  If all the source folders are contained within the project folder, I don't see any problems.

Furthermore, as a work around, you don't need to shut down FB entirely -- just right-click and 'close' the offending project.  Once it closes you can re-open it and recompile without problems.  So basically pretty much any project settings change on such an afflicted project requires the project to be reloaded in FB before you can get any work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have run into this forever loop of “updating links to source files.” I’m watching happen even as I type this. I''ve tried everything suggested above (thanks for the recomendations) but I've had no luck.

I’ve tried not only restarting Flash Builder v4.5 and my Mac many times but I’ve even tried erasing all the projects and re-building them from scratch. Heck, I’ve even tried slightly re-naming the newly re-constructed projects in case there is some weird cache issue going on. No joy.

The funny thing is that sometimes I can get things to work and compile for a brief time. Then without warning, off we go into looping Link Update mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this same issue (along with my colleague) and it is slowly driving us both insane! did anyone come up with a  permanent fix for this issue since last post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No real solution.  I have simply banned the use of linked source folders in the projects for which I am responsible.  I suppose there are some cases where you just can't get around needing them, but I haven't encountered such cases yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that if you turn off the 'Build Automatically' Project setting it seems to solve the issue, even when doing a manual build the 'Updating Links' loop no longer occurs (yesssss!).

Might be worth a try Shog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I was able to solve this problem was to delete the workspace and recreate it from scratch using File>Import Flash Builder Project..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines