• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrim / Spinner For Adobe Air Mobile Apps?

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2010 Dec 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of learning Adobe Air for mobile devices.  I'm using Flash Builder Burrito.  I didn't have any previous experience with Flash Builder or ActionScript, but I'm finding it very easy to use (I do have 11 years of programming experience).  I'm stumped on something that's usually built into most other mobile platforms -> How do you create a scrim & spinner???  For those who may be wondering what I'm referring to, it's when your screen is dimmed and a revolving or spinning icon is displayed to show that your app is busy.

I tried the following...

1) Create a group that covers the entire view

2) Change the background color of the group to black and alpha to .5

2) Add a spinner image to the group

3) Set the "enable" property of the group to true/false depending on if I wanted it displayed or not

This didn't work at all.  Any suggestions would be great!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ALMOST have it working thanks to this great post by Andrew trice.  I have two minor issues...

1. The animated gif won't play.  I realize animated gifs probably aren't the way to go in FLASH builder, but it was worth a try.  How do I recreate the spinner effect???
  2. The scrim doesn't cover the navigation panel.  Again, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines