• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trace() not working with embedded SWFs created with Flash Builder

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2011 Sep 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just migrated to Flash Builder 4.5 with the 4.5.1 SDK.

I have an application that loads a lot of child SWFs into it - some of which are created with Flash, some are created with Flash Builder.

I am noticing now that my trace() statements that are called from within SWFs produced with Flash Builder that are loading as child SWFs into my main SWF are NOT appearing.  However, trace() statements called from within SWFs produced with Flash that are loading as child SWFs into my main SWF ARE appearing.

This is an extremely major problem and has short-circuited my debugging/development.

Any recommendations, workarounds, or suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2011 Sep 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the child SWFs were created by performing an "Export Release Build", then trace() statements would be omitted.

You can control this by setting the -omit-trace-statements compiler argument (in Project properties -> Flex Compiler -> Additional Compiler Arguments).

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines