Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using clips created in Flash Professional

Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

A newbie question:

When working with AS in Flash Builder, Is it possible to use a MovieClip that I have created in Flash Professional?

How?

I wrote a simple game in Flash Professional, 99% of it is pure code (AS3) but one of the building blocks is a movieclip containing a small art and a dynamic text field. I'd like to port this to Flash Builder to be able to use Facebook SDK but I have no idea of how to import (or even create) that movieclip.

Please, any ideas?

Thank you for any help!

Marcos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, nobody replied to this one, so I ended up finding the solution myself.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flashbuilder/using/WSc5cd04c102ae3e97-6e5d439512e1414e588-7ffc.html

This is just what I need!

Now an even better piece of information:

http://www.codeandvisual.com/2009/how-to-import-movieclips-into-a-flash-builder-actionscript-project/

A bit oudated, but the idea is ok.

Making things simpler, what you have to do is create the movieclip in Flash Professional, export as a SWC file.

To use it the Flash Builder AS project, go to Project -> Properties -> ActionScript Build Path->Add SWC... browse to your SWC file and click OK.

That's it!

Important: if you make any changes to your mc in Flash Professional you'll have to edit it in FB, same place... I did not see any "update" option in there, so I suppose all you have to do is browse and select the updated file.

Marcos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines