• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wipe out... What would cause Flash Builder to repeatedly crash on the same .MXML file?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am building a fairly straight-forward app and I've changed something in a fairly straight-forward .mxml file and suddenly, whenever I open the file to edit, Flash Builder crashes and dies horribly.

If I comment out all of the code and reopen Flash Builder, I can open and edit the file successfully. I can even put all the original code back in and test the app successfully.

But...

When I have put all the code back in and then go back to edit the file, Flash Builder wipes out in a kind of permanent and irrevocable way so that I have to comment out all the code to get it working again...

I have tried export, delete, import to reinitialise the project, but the problem recurs.

So...

Clearly, I have written something in my .mxml file that sends Flash Builder into some godawful infinite loop or other dead-end, but I am at a loss to say what as it is very, very basic and straight-forward MXML without (as far as I can tell) anything unusual... and I have been programming professionally with Flex for a number of years and built some _big_ applications during that time...

Has anybody encountered anything similar? Any ideas what I might have done?

Thanks,

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Found the little git.

Somehow, I had flagged "Enable design mode" and the designer was attempting to render a wide array of custom controls that it had no idea what to do with.

I think, I _may_ have tried design mode for about five minutes about five years ago and decided it wasn't for me... If so, that opinion still holds.

I unflagged "Enable design mode" and suddenly everything is playing nicely again.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrr.

This is getting tiresome now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found the little git.

Somehow, I had flagged "Enable design mode" and the designer was attempting to render a wide array of custom controls that it had no idea what to do with.

I think, I _may_ have tried design mode for about five minutes about five years ago and decided it wasn't for me... If so, that opinion still holds.

I unflagged "Enable design mode" and suddenly everything is playing nicely again.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines