Does Flash Builder has 64-bit macOS version? (The real version)

app: Flash Builder 4.7

As we all know, 32bit is not supported any more on macOS 10.15. But Flash Builder claims it's a 64-bit app, labeled as "macOS(64bit)", but after I downloaded, it seems like it's still a 32-bit app.

I downloaded from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

which is actually labeled "macOS(64bit)", but when I start my installation, the following error occurs:(It says the app need to be updated, which seems like it's a 32bit version)

20191013195217.jpg20191013195725.jpg

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Does Flash Builder has 64-bit macOS version? (The real version)

app: Flash Builder 4.7

As we all know, 32bit is not supported any more on macOS 10.15. But Flash Builder claims it's a 64-bit app, labeled as "macOS(64bit)", but after I downloaded, it seems like it's still a 32-bit app.

I downloaded from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

which is actually labeled "macOS(64bit)", but when I start my installation, the following error occurs:(It says the app need to be updated, which seems like it's a 32bit version)

20191013195217.jpg20191013195725.jpg

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Hi there,

Unfortunately nvhdab is correct- you'll need to stay on 10.14 or below (Flash Builder’s system requirements specify 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 as the only officially supported versions). If you have to upgrade to Catalina, then we recommend investigating a third-party IDE, such as IntelliJ Ultimate which has both AIR and Flex support.

Hope this helps clear things up,
Madison

6 Replies

Re: Does Flash Builder has 64-bit macOS version? (The real version)

I have the same problem, after upgrading to Mac OSX Catalina (10.15), Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 icon appears with a white barred-circle.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 01.06.33.jpg

When trying to open it, the following alert appears:

You can’t use this version of the application Adobe Flash Builder 4.7.app with this version of macOS.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 01.06.40.jpg

Would greatly appreciate if someone from the community would indicate how to work this around without having to roll back to 10.14 or installing a VM.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I tried modifying the Flash Builder .ini files to use Jav...

I tried modifying the Flash Builder .ini files to use Java VM 6 to no avail. As of now, the only option seems to roll back to Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave...
View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I started using VSCode with the as3mxml extension. The thing is that it is also need to update to AIR33 because AIR32 still has 32 bit processes. With that AIR update you loose the ability to create 32 bit ipa and so loose support for older devices, though Harman seems to be working on putting that back again.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Same problem. I believe adobe_licutil and maybe compile-abc are the problems. These could be 32-bit processes run by Flash Builder. Will this get fixed? As a larger question, does anyone know if Adobe plans to continue to support Flash Builder for future macOS and iOS releases?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi there,

Unfortunately nvhdab is correct- you'll need to stay on 10.14 or below (Flash Builder’s system requirements specify 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 as the only officially supported versions). If you have to upgrade to Catalina, then we recommend investigating a third-party IDE, such as IntelliJ Ultimate which has both AIR and Flex support.

Hope this helps clear things up,
Madison

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Madison,  In response to your "hope this clears things up...

Madison, 

In response to your "hope this clears things up" the answer is no it does not.

Adobe has yet again proved it can't be trusted - show me that I'm wrong

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines