• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 crashes on startup

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed and re-installed by IT on the company's Macbook Pro, licensed under the company's site license.  The same product installed by the same group on identical Macbook Pros works.  When running on my machine I get the message: 

An error has occurred.

See the log file

/Users/ppulliam/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/.metadata/.log.

When looking in the .log, I see:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-12-16 11:30:31.724

!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.adobe.flexide.editorcore (105).

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.EditorCore.start() of bundle com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/flexbuilder/util/PluginProperties

at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.EditorCore.initializeOptions(EditorCore.java:212)

Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.adobe.flexbuilder.project (68).

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:122)

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore.start() of bundle com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no BridgeTalk in java.library.path

Root exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/flexbuilder/util/PluginProperties

at com.adobe.flexide.editorcore.EditorCore.initializeOptions(EditorCore.java:212)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no BridgeTalk in java.library.path

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1857)

I've already tried installing version 4.2 of eclipse and using the flash builder plug-in utility to point to my version, as well as a large number of other things.

Pete

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following steps:

Rename the default workspace"Adobe Flash Builder 4.7"( on Mac it's located at /Users/USER_NAME/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7) and try launching Flash Builder.Even if this doesn't work. Please un-install Flash Builder and use the cleaner tool(from this location http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html ) to clean and re-install Flash Builder.

Please let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work. 

However I did figure out that the problem is that the JVM 1.8 doesn't support the Java Native Interface quite right.  JVM 1.8 was installed as part of JDK 8 when this machine was set up by IT.  Uninstalling the JDK, then installing JDK 7 got things going.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2015 Dec 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who runs into this problem. I am running OSX El Captain you want to remove Java 1.8.

If from the terminal you run:

java -version

and you have something greater than 1.7 Flash builder doesn't run

I happened to have 1.7 on my machine from before so simply navigating to:

cd /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines

and

sudo rm -rf jdk1.8.0_51.jdk/

worked for me

This page helped

JDK 7 Mac Install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

非常非常感谢你

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the solution:

Flash Builder Preimum 4.7 crashes on mac

FB will not run on java sdk 1.8.x

Scroll to the bottom of this link, and the solution is there.

lrlarson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines