Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

64 bit

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am not very familiar with Adobe and I am trying to download it to my 64 bit Dell computer and I unable to do so?  Can you please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently Flash Player is 32 bit only, and you would need to run a 32 bit browser to use it. Here's the Adobe tech note about it:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it! I already have it

downloaded to my 32 bit, but I was hoping to download it to my 64 bit

because it is faster.... Do you know when the 64 bit option may be

available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Do you know when the 64 bit option may be

available?

I don't have any special insight on that one. Here's an article that was posted yesterday that discusses the topic a little:

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/06/64-bit-flash-for-linux-dropped-as-adobe-preps-next-version.ars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, besides what Colin related, you may want to download the Adobe Uninstaller and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Then if you are using Internet Explorer (IE) download the Flash Player Installer for IE and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

If you also use Firefox(FF) then download the Flash Player Installer for FF and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Follow the instructions in the Uninstaller guide, re: You must be the Administrator and use that Account, check any applications that use Flash & Disable(see system tray, messengers, etc) Be sure to close all browsers before beginning, etc. Go to Tools, Internet Options, click on Security Tab and set the Security to Medium for the Internet Zone.

Be sure that after you Run the Uninstaller to Reboot(restart) your computer and when fully Rebooted, Reboot again(to clear out old IE Flash files) before proceeding with the Installers. Run the IE Installer, Run the FF Installer and then Reboot Once.

If you have any questions, please post.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Do you know when the 64 bit adobe acrobat option may be

available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no pun intended but that is the 64 dollar question  Seriously, no. Don't worry, no one is going to miss that! Many users of the 64 system are waiting. Adobe has no definite date on that, so in the mean time, the 32bit is what is needed to be used when viewing Flash Content and Installing Flash Player.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Do you know when the 64 bit adobe acrobat option may be

available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines