Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash 9.0.124.0Not working

Apr 26, 2008 Apr 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I just decided to upgrade Adobe flash player to 901240 by uninstalling the old version via adobe uninstaller!
Everything seemed to install great. In the add/remove programs, I now have the Adobe Flash player Active X 9.0.124.0 and the Adobe Flash Player Plugin 9.0.124.0
My problem is I go to "You Tube" and it states >>> Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player here.
I do not have Java Script turned off and I do have the latest Adobe Flash player installed.
I am using Internet Explorer 7 and firefox browsers, any suggestions please, Thanks

PS: It worked fine before the upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 04, 2008 May 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that Adobe should supply a correct Flash Player for machines running Windows Vista & IE7 versus pushing a registry hack. I would guess that most people, including myself, should not be messing with the registry keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: tomsmac
Hello: I just decided to upgrade Adobe flash player to 901240 by uninstalling the old version via adobe uninstaller!
Everything seemed to install great. In the add/remove programs, I now have the Adobe Flash player Active X 9.0.124.0 and the Adobe Flash Player Plugin 9.0.124.0
My problem is I go to "You Tube" and it states >>> Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player here.
I do not have Java Script turned off and I do have the latest Adobe Flash player installed.
I am using Internet Explorer 7 and firefox browsers, any suggestions please, Thanks

PS: It worked fine before the upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ...
... installed the uninstaller and ran it
... installed SubInACL and ran it
... re-installed Flash
.. checked the settings in the Internet Options.

It's still not working in IE 7. It works fine with Firefox though. ( And I don't use Vista, I use XP)
I also contacted Darren McNally, but haven't received an answer (yet). 😉 I don't know what more I can try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, what I think needs to happen is that Adobe sends out a new update to solve this problem. It's rather frustrating.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darren, are you idiot!? Stop repeating this is not an official support and pm you instead!!

We have said millions of times and the same on all my colleagues's pcs, Visa+IE7, flash player DOESN'T WORK! firefox is fine though.....

We've tried all ur stupid ideas: uninstall, reset, run dos, install, registry, option-security..... 10 times aLREADY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi obabaa,

The reason that I’m requesting for certain individuals to open a case is to HELP them obtain Adobe support. I would hope that offering to help was not seen with such disapproval.

The majority of these Windows system registry issues are being resolved with Microsoft’s SubInACL tool. The tool is not always easy to use, that is why I am assisting customers with it.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=184&threadid=1262552&e...

This issue would not be encountered with a new install of Windows or a clean machine. The culprit is a corrupt system registry. Microsoft’s tool is used to repair the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried:

1) uninstall flashplayer (clean uninstall), delete everything within the flash folder
2) double check registry "permission" all set
3) download SubInACL and installed
4) download reset_minimal into the tools folder, run dos, press OK
5) go back to flashinstall in IE...

Guess what? I'm wasting another half of hour!

SO CAN YOU PUT ALL THE INSTRUCTION AND PROCESS TOGETHER? Let any visa and IE7.0 user to clearly understand what's going on? Did I miss anything again?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2008 May 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people,
I just found this thread while using google to solve the problem as described here. Btw, I use iexplorer 7 on xp pro.
I just want to say that I would probably get it to work following the tips in this topic.
However, my problem is the following:
I create 360 degrees virtual tours in flash. These tours are being published on the sites of hotels and tourist attractions, to show what their product is about. Now the majority of the visitors of these sites are to stupid to even understand how to control a virtual tour, you know just click and drag in the image.
Now, are these complete n00bs expected to download and run register altering software, and reinstall flash to view a hotelroom??
Adobe should come up with an updated update, and fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2008 May 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, it works for all my friends who use IE! I myself am on firefox though. Lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I use Window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Flavio Noschese
Well, I use Windows XP PRO, IE 7 and I can't see anymore You Tube.
That version FLASH 9.0.124 ......
I tryed everything, (til SubinACL routine), but the problem is still there.
I think that a lot of people are having the same problem, as there is a lot ot people complaining of this in the blog, (and we know that few people uses those technical blogs).
Well, Is there any other fix known diferent of those showed at the blog.
Is there any patch or a new version of Flash Player coming?
Perhaps is usefull to know that I can see You Tube from "screens of You Tube" posted at other sites !!!!????
Thaking in advance
Flavio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obabaa, we all get frustrated at times, however, calling Darren or anybody else in the forum names is not the way to get results. In fact, that behavior begs for the Abobe folks to just disappear.

Please lighten up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2008 May 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi
I'm another of these frustrated users:
We sold a new Acer notebook to a customer a week ago. There is VPH and Office 2007 Home on it, nothing more (everything German versions). The customer complained, that his favorite sites don't work as Flash Player doesn't work

- whenever we visit a site with F.P it says please install, install runs through, but nothing happens
- used the Adobe uninstall
- used the Microsoft cmd ..
- we cycled that in different sequences, rebooted etc.
- we switched off all IE7 security settings, protected mode, warnings
- we set Internet zone to lowest security, activated all scripting, downloads etc.
- we switched off firewall, antivirus software etc.
- we activated the admin user account (with admin rights of course ...)
- we deactivated UAC

- > it does not work, since a week we are vasting our time with a customer in my hairs

is there anything we can do except the 4lb hammer?
Thanks
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines