• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player 10 installed but not running

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Flash Player 10 from the adobe site, and it said that it installed successfully, but when I try to watch videos on facebook or youtube it says I need to download flash player.  I tried installing it again, but the install window just popped up again and said it was already installed.  I restarted my computer several times, but flash player still won't run. I need help please!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem and I have gone through alomst all of the same steps and having the same issues..I can feel for you.

The only thing I find wonky is I have IE Version 8.0.6001.18702.xpsp_sp3_gdr..100216-1514, Cipher Strength: 128-bit

I do not have McAfee, I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, Version 9.0.0.736 (a.b.c)

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply eidnolb; but my FlashPlayer is running fine. My

question was 'Updates causing problems with power settings. (3rd topic on

the message list). I think you might have clicked the wrong message to

send your reply.

Lorraine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I download Mozilla Firefox, and installed Adobe Flash Player on that, and it works perfectly fine! But it still does not work on

Internet Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, The only thing I know is to have you check your Flash folder. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromedia\Flash

Open Flash and post back all files that are listed there. The NPSWF will need a right click and then click on Properties to obtain the version number.

Also go to Manage add ons and click on Toolbars and Extensions. See if there is a listing of the Shockwave Flash Object there and if it is Enabled and it should say what version it is.

Also down at the Show, all add ons, check all 4 categories. Are there any getplus, get_atlcom Class or a DLM control listed?

Then go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and see if there is any Adobe DLM(download manager) or just DLM and or a getplus entry.

Something is blocking the Install of the ActiveX Control that must be Installed for Flash Player to work.

Let me know on these.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines