• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player doesn't install

Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I couldn't watch any videos on youtube (the screen remained white, where the video had to be).

So, I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player, and then I wanted to install it again. But that didn't work out, every time I tried to download it, I got only the Download manager, but not the Flash Player. I got the message "firefox, getplusadobe..error.."written" 0x0000000".When I installed it manually, I couldn't find it back on my computer, very strange.

Now, I tried it also with IE, and then I got the Download manager, and then a flash of the installation program of the flash player, but it was gone within one second.

Is there anything I can do?

Eloise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi K M, From what is going on with FF, I doubt is vs 3.6.9 is making any difference:-) I just was trying to keep track.

I asked about that red box, since I wasn't sure if it was being used with the offline Installers as well as the others. The only problem is that "accept" box is very hard to see if one is not aware of it. Using this I think is a change.

Ok, glad the Flash folder is back.

Now on Adblock plus. That may be a problem. I'll have to check on whether is can cause an issue with the Install of that SWF plugin. I know that Adblock, any popup blocker software can block viewing of Flash Content. Whether Adblock plus does, I'm not sure.

When I Installed FF, I used the 3.6.3 version, but may update to see how the new vs acts. I just don't have time at the moment.

Glad there is no NOS folder, since that is part of the DLM etal.

I hear Chrome is fast and since Flash Player is embedded, that seems to be a plus.

The Firefox support is lacking I think and their Search feature is not organized at all. The various "Results" it brings up for any particular search, doesn't relate to the Search and none of the results are dated and a lot of time is spent for nothing.

If you have time, check on the above to see if Adblock plus blocks the Install of FP. At the rate I'm going, I may forget:-)

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html  

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adblock Plus disabled, FP 10 installer still fails to install plug-in.

I give up.

Thank you for all your attempts to help.  I'm sorry the help wasn't successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well we gave it our best shot. Once in a while and this had to do with Bitdefender AV, that several people could not Install that SWF for FF. Since you don't have any, the only thing that we haven't discussed is any previous AV that could still be in your system. I've seen that happen also.

The only thing I would do if this were my situation is Uninstall FF completely, Uninstall Flash Player completely. Then I would Install a version of FF that I knew had not conflicted with FP. Then I would Install FP 10.1.

I may do part of the above, here shortly as FF is not preforming correctly. It's not with Flash Player though, it is something to do with JavaScript. I only have 4-5 add ons and 4 are required so to speak. Only 1 that I added. So we'll see.

I had thought about Installing FF on my laptop, but don't want to use it as a test machine:-)

Thanks for the cooperation and let me hear if you get it solved.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi K M, thot you may want to take a look at this thread, it's about FF and FP version mixup? It's a short thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/718466?abuseReported=true

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just noticed something in your post of #19. Go to C:\Program files and Open and look for a folder named NOS, right click on it and post back the contents.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2010 Aug 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having with installing adobe fash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player does not work with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Foxfire and

Windows 7 or XP.  And they know it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32Questioner: Don't spread rubbish on other peoples' threads. What an absurd statement to make.

If you have Win7 or XP, IE and or FF and Flash Player is not working, then it is YOUR system that has a problem and you should start your own thread.

Flash Player works just fine on all you have mentioned.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines