• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash player either hangs or crashes in Firefox

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe flash player either hangs up the web browser Firefox or crashes within Firefox.  This has been occurring for about a year even though Firefox and the adobe flash player have been updated and upgraded many times over the last year.  Multiple crash reports have been sent to either Adobe or Firefox (I am not sure which one actually gets the crash report) but it appears someone knows about this issue since I seem to be getting more pop up boxes from Firefox now when the Windows 7 system seems to hang (no response from mouse when I try to close the Firefox browser window).  The pop up box states that Adobe flash player is not responding or in a loop so when I respond to the pop up window to cancel the task all the flash player displays in all of the open Firefox browser sessions crash.  However, if I use google chrome and the same ESPN videos that use Adobe flash player so far I have not seen the same issue of hangs or crashes.  So, is this a known issue with Adobe flash player and/or Firefox or has it just never been fixed correctly?

Configuration:

Sony VPCF2390X - I7-2760QM - 8 GB - GEForce GT 540M - 1920 X  1200 Resolution

Windows 7 Home  Premium Service Pack 1 -  7.1.13.1088   64-bit

Firefox 23.0.1

Adobe Flash Player 11,8,800,115

Message was edited by: Stingray99

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 131 Replies 131
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable Plugin Container. I did it using Method Two in this solution.

How to disable plugin-container | Fluxbytes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and I am also running on a Sony Vaio computer.  However, I am running Windows 8.1 and I agree that this has only become a problem in the past few months.  I've found out that Flash Player is built in on Windows 8, which I suspect means that Microsoft somehow set things up so that you are basically forced to use IE to browse with.  But this is just a suspicion. However, it's curious that we are both running on Sony computers.  I wonder if that has anything to do with things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you know this because?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your assumption is rediculous to begin with !

The problem is not limited to IE, as it is evident in Firefox also. And it has nothing to do with Sony or any other MFG of computers. You must really be a tyro ! Go get some basic computer education and stop asking stupid questions !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is way off the rails, and isn't helping anyone to get their problem solved.

If you're experiencing a discrete problem that you would like help with, please post a unique thread with basic information about the problem and I'd be glad to help troubleshoot it with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines