• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Settings Problem

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having problems selecting things inside of "Adobe Flash Player Settings."

When ever i right click on a flash instance, say a youtube video and select settings, I get no response from box that appears no matter where I click. Even when I click close I get no response.

I have a Mac Book Pro running os 10.4.11
I have the newest version of Flash Player 10
I have Java 5
I have tried this in both Firefox and Safari

When I created a new account on my computer and opened youtube i was able to change settings inside of panel.

Any help would be wonderful I have googled and searched these forums a million times looking for help and have found nothing helpful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working. This time accessing a website that uses flash.

Using 10.4.11 and Safari 3.0.4. Fixed permissions, ran disk utility and found no problems. Deleted prefs. I even reset Safari.

Un-installed and re-installed flash 10.1.

I have 5 machines with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted these and other related files. I even did a clean install which installs new system files.

Still having the same problem. It seems to be an issue with flash and OS X 10.4. I have not seen the issue yet with 10.5.

This problem is growing as I have many more machines at a different school site with this same issue.

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2010 Aug 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PixelDerek,

Did you check the permissions on the folders that are inside the user's Library/Caches/Adobe and Library/Preferences/Macromedia?  Just to be safe, check both the per-user Library and the system-wide Library?  The problem I ran into was that there were folders (presumably created by the Flash installer) that I did not have permission to write into (only the system could write into them) but settings and caches need to be written into those folders under my user ID.

-PBA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the permissions seem fine. There were a couple other folders with incorrect permissions. These seem to be unrelated but I changed them anyway.

The issue persists.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TWEAK DISCOVERED for Flash Player 10 to save local settings!!

I was digging around in:

~/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/www.macromedia.com/bin/fpupdatepl/

and I discovered:

Adobe Flash Player.pkg

If you Right Click (or Control + Click) the Package and then select 'Show Package Contents' this will open a new window.

Then navigate to:

Contents/Resources/

There you will find a file:

Adobe Flash Player.info

Open this file with text edit (or your app of choice)

On about the fourth line from the bottom look for:

OverwritePermissions NO

Change this to:

OverwritePermissions YES

A NOTE OF CAUTION

I have not fully tested this change, but did find that after I modified the local settings for the Flash Player, then restarted Safari that the settings remained the same.

Good Luck!

~ry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

After speaking with support over at Mindvision software, they make a web based app we use that uses flash.

They said Adobe is going to fix this and release an update. So, to make this work, they recommended to select Global Settings and on that web page select and configure your storage settings.

You can right click or control click on the web page with flash running and then select Global Settings. Then you can select your global and website storage settings on the left.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, maybe this just works for the web based app we are using. Again this was from Mindvision software support.

They said Adobe addmitted it was a flash problem and they would provide an update.

I hope its released soon. Or maybe everything should move to HTML 5.

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem does seem to be a little sporatic. I have found some users using Vista with this issue.

My issue is mainly with OS X 10.4.11. Some machines with 10.4.11 did work but most did not. Really strange.

Machines running OS X 10.5 or later seem to be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines