• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe update on 6/12/18 include 2144 game center 4.1.7.111

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am concerned about this adobe update i received today. i have windows 10 pro and updated adobe flash player 30.0.0113, while it was installing a game was installed along with it and when the install was over i had some game open on my screen in Japanese. I was able to close it but only by guessing which option would close it because it is in Japanese. I do not know if this is safe and i do not play games my computer is for school and i need to know if i can safely uninstall this without ruining my computer. second i want to know why adobe is downloading games on peoples devices without permission?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

The team reported that they have now fixed this issue. Game Center will no longer be available to users outside of China.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GameCenter software offer should not be showing up for anyone outside of China.  We're looking into what's going on and will fix this ASAP. 

I apologize for those users that have run into this issue, I know trying to navigate menus and buttons in a foreign language is difficult at best.  We'll be posting detailed screenshots on how to remove GameCenter on this thread shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, folks. I just did a system restore, which worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions to remove 2144 Game Center are posted at Uninstall 2144 Game Center

Please post here if you're still unable to uninstall using these instructions.

We're still working on the resolution to this issue and will post here when it has been fixed.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who help to get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "fix" did not work for me.  When I double click the file, I get "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer" dialogue, I say "yes" the non-english dialogue box with the red x comes up, I click ok and the whole process quits.  It does not work for me on Windows 10. This is infuriating!!  The game center pops up all the time making some sort of request, I assume, and I am not interested at all, but I am irritated to the max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andeea​,

Did you try the following steps as stated above as well:

• Restart your computer
  • Go to AppData\Roaming\2144
  • In the 2144 folder is an uninstall.exe
  • Double clicking should bring up a dialog box where clicking the left button (with Chinese characters) should uninstall 2144 Game Centre.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If go to control panel uninstall the Adobe that got downloaded with it(check date) then restart it. Then go back to control panel then uninstall it. Something with a bunny and button on the middle will pop up click it and it will go away. That's happen to me at least. I don't know the effects of it but it's gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted after that too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that fixed mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team reported that they have now fixed this issue. Game Center will no longer be available to users outside of China.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions you provided. But I only get the first dialog box (the small one). 2144 does not open giving me the option to choose the left button.

I have uninstalled Adobe flash player, but 2144GameCenter is still there. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm cpu guru u should know. Anyway go back on the control panel and see if there is another Adobe installation and follow the above steps again. If that doesn't work i don't know what else to do but system restoration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Flash Player will not remove Game Center - they are 2 distinct applications.  Please se Uninstall 2144 Game Center for instructions on removing 2144 Game Center.

<edit>
If you don't see the actual 2144 Game Center uninstall window it may be behind another window.  Minimize all other windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I followed the instructions here: Uninstall 2144 Game Center

I get to step 3, but step 4 (the 2144 game center dialog box) never opens. I have minimized all other windows. It is not behind any of them.

So the Shanghai Jiansheng Network 2144GameCenter I never wanted remains on my computer.

How do I uninstall if the dialog box in step 4 never opens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did, for Windows 10:

1. Hit the WIN Start menu button
  2. Type "2144" to search for the game
  3. Right-clicked on the 2144 game center icon
  4. Select "Uninstall" from the menu
  5. That brought up the 2144 game center dialog box shown in step 4 of Uninstall 2144 Game Center
  6. There I selected the left button, just because I knew any self-respecting PoS software would expect you to knot uninstall, and the right button was pre-selected/highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charles,

I search 2144 and see two icons. One is an uninstaller that doesn't work. The other I right click, but do not see uninstall on the options (it looks to just be a shortcut). Nothing I do brings up the game center dialog box shown in step 4.

Adobe? Anyone there can help? I never wanted this POS on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as joshuag16818585: The dialog box in step 4 does not show up, so I can't uninstall the program. (And no, the box is not hidden behind anything else.)

This is so aggravating.

I am going to try System Restore now, but I feel like -- I shouldn't have to do that.

~ Meredith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I did System Restore. It did not delete the program, but I was at least able to get to the step 4 dialog box, and uninstall from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I refuse to do a system restore to get rid of spam hoisted upon my machine by Adobe's lack of enthusiasm for quality control.

Adobe, do you have any other suggestions for how to remove the Chinese SPAM that you have willingly let infiltrate my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve the issue finally.

Here is what I had to do:

• Restart my computer
  • Go to AppData-Roaming-2144
  • In the 2144 folder is an uninstall.exe
  • Double clicking this brought up a dialog box where clicking the left button (with Chinese characters) did in fact uninstall this.

Note: before restarting my computer this uninstall.exe did not work

Thanks to all the individuals who posted what worked for them.

Very little thanks to Adobe for creating this mess and wasting a couple hours of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understand your frustration, and we apologize for this.

I'm glad you were finally able to uninstall the unwanted product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines