Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another approach

Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything to get the new version 10 flash player to work.  Finally after opening the following file C/Windows/System32/Macromedia/Flash, I found the version 10.exe installaion icon.  I am theorizing that my anti virus program would not allow for the installation although the Adobe download site said my installation was successful.  After double-clicking the Flash Icon the update loaded and I was instructed to restart my computer.  Finally it worked.  I am not discounting any of the other solutions but I tried them all and this is the only thing that worked for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay you got my attention and gave me a ray of hope.. I will try your method may be I did mine in a different way.. was the flashplaye you downloaded it a standalone?

could you elaborate more on how you downloaded the file? is it from the same webpage of Adobe ? because if this is the case it will be installed in IE automatically and not as a package were you open and install.. if you know what i mean.. could you please elaborate more on the downloading? Sorry if I seem very desperate but I really am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the adobe download page for the flashplayer and followed the

instructions. After which I was informed that the installation was a

success but there was no animation. I searched for the Flash file and found

it in the directory C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. If you open that

file and you see the Flash Icon for the file with the approximate name of

Version 10.xxx or whatever, double click it or run it. You should get a

different looking download screen which if you have broadband will only take

a couple of seconds. After which you can follow the directions to restart

your computer. I did notice on the restart that my Anti-virus started after

the installation of the flash player was complete. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it did not work .. thank you anyway for your help and time..and I hope adobe will come up with a newer version soon as many of us have become really miserable especially when it comes to work and not just watching videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very interested to know exactly what file name you clicked - I don't see any installation file in folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C/ Hi again since you replied I think I should give you an answer.. I clicked exactly what you mentioned before C/windows/ system32/macromed/ flash and there was no installation file ! There were other files (can't remember the names) but no icon with flash10xxx (I know exactly what you are talking about).

Please note that before I downloaded anything I made sure that the flash file mentioned above was empty by using the uninstaller.

This means that when I downlaoded the flash file it did dowlooaded other flash related files but not the required file. I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines