Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio crackling on any videos

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

since a few months I got audio crackling randomly when I watch a flash video (the web site doesn't matter).

I have windows 8.1 64 bits and firefox 35.0.1 .

I have also flash player 16.0.0.305

If I uninstall flash and remove %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player   and        %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player then reinstall flash the crackling disappears temporarily (for one day).

Can you help me in order to fix that?

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have this problem in other browsers besides Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't have this problem with chrome, internet explorer and even Cyberfox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox on Windows 8.1 seems to have a number of unique problems in addition to the generic set of stability issues related to the modern security sandbox that we had to retrofit to the NPAPI to help mitigate threats from modern malware.  We're now pretty early on in a collaborative effort with Mozilla to build a next-generation sandbox that will hopefully address the majority of these stability and performance issues; however, that effort is going to happen over months, not weeks.

In the meantime, you're probably better off using either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, both of which seem to work pretty well on Windows 8 and higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah.  It's not as simple as just flipping on the Firefox sandbox -- there's a bunch of work that needs to be done on the Firefox side to provide equivalency in terms of functionality and providing equivalent protection against malware, but that's the direction we're going.  We're thrilled that Mozilla has finally decided to collaborate with us on providing users with a good Flash experience while keeping them adequately protected against modern security threats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines