• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get adobe flash installer to run.

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been all over the internet tearing my hair out trying to figure this out and I finally resorted to making an adobe account. So I'm running Windows 8.1 and the latest version of Mozilla. When I download the flash installer to install the latest version of flash player, it downloads just fine. I then double click it and run it and say yes to allow it to make changes to my computer. Then... nothing. Absolutely nothing happens. If I try to click the installer again it says only one instance of it can run at a time and I have to go into task manager to kill it. But even if I do that an run the installer again still nothing happens. Why won't flash player install? This is driving me crazy. I tried deleting everything for a clean install and now I just don't have flash player and can't get it to work still. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running an old version of Flash Player puts you at a significantly higher risk for malware infection.  We would strongly advise you against taking this approach.  Each new version of Flash Player includes important security fixes, and rolling back to an old version leaves you without protections to potential vulnerabilities.

I'd appreciate it if you could provide me a link to the video that was showing up as green.  I'd like to get that investigated and fixed if it's a product bug. 

I'd recommend that instead of running the old version, that you try to disable Hardware Acceleration in a current version first to see if that solves the issue for you.  If it does, I'd like to collect some information about your graphics hardware so that I can either help you get the latest drivers, or let the vendor know that there's a problem.

Information on disabling hardware acceleration is in the video troubleshooting guide, here.

Video playback issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh malware.     I posted the green box over here Stupid flashplayer install!

I am pretty sure i already disabled HA like last week. Sorry to be a bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope.  Not solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP - have you tried installing an older version? It worked just fine for me & a few other folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the dreaded black box of the flash installer on both FF and IE7.  I tried your advice and no go for me.    This is a new PC with win7 and I have had a nitemare setting it up!  It's like you have to be a tech just to get it to work like the old pc!  I have wasted days of my life on stuff and on this issue too.  I see the Q of the black box installer hangup many times, why is there no answer?? Besides installing an old version - which did not work for me anyway...  Also, when the BB comes up and I click on it a few times, it will take me to a webpage saying "server not found.."  If that helps any?

PS - is this showing my real name?  I'm new here and I see my name not my SN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes, I mean I have IE11.  Maybe I would be better off with 7 in this case.  har har

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you with the blank box problem, if you haven't tried rebooting your computers, please do that.

Then, use the offline installers:

Internet Explorer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Firefox and other NPAPI browsers:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking for myself, I have done this at least 10 times.  Can someone please give us a real answer?  Why is this such a hassle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines