Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot upgrade flash player

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  have a macbook pro unning os x lion 10.7.4

I recently had a prompt to upgrade flash player.  I downloaded the file and got as far as the box with adobe flash player installer 11.3.  Click the read liscene etc then click install.  Nothing happens.  Any ideas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

this is the answer I found on Mac support forums that worked right away.  The old flash player plug in was not removed by the new installer.  copied to give post person credit.

I have a new MacBook Pro and I followed these instructions, downlonading and installing the new Flash plugin. But when I looked in "/Library/Internet Plugins" there was no folder called "Disabled Plugins".

However, I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums

You can download Flash Player 11.3 offline installer from here :

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Note : Download and save the .dmg and then double click to launch the setup

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but i have no problems downloading the program. my problem is once its downloaded it will not install. I click accept liscence and then hit INSTALL. nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Generally it ask for the Administrator password when you click on Install.

Try with a differnet user account or the root account for MAC.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you performed step 6 in the following link.

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#m...

If yes, could you please right-click the downloaded file, and perform the following steps: http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#m....

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is the answer I found on Mac support forums that worked right away.  The old flash player plug in was not removed by the new installer.  copied to give post person credit.

I have a new MacBook Pro and I followed these instructions, downlonading and installing the new Flash plugin. But when I looked in "/Library/Internet Plugins" there was no folder called "Disabled Plugins".

However, I did see two versions of Flash:

_Flash Player.plugin with old date

Flash Player.plugin with todays date

I deleted _Flash Player.plugin and this fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines