• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant download flash player

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2009 Apr 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope somone will be able to help me with my issue.  I have had problems downloading the flash player.  I get a message that says it can't create a temporary file.  I've tried to go into support to see if there are some issues.  I saw the problem with registry errors and tried to download the update (I think it's called SublnACL).  I can't even download that.  The page opens up but it says the page can't be displayed.  Have others run into this problem?  Anybody help me out?  I would greatly appreciate it!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention your Windows or browser version, which would help.  Try this:

If you use Firefox, download the installer, then run it from the download location (while Firefox is closed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to mention a few things.  I use Windows XP and Internet Explorer.  Flash player has been uninstalled but will not install again.  The message I get is "Cannot create temporary file.  Perhaps your hard disc is full?"  I still have a lot of space left on my computer and my temp file folder is empty.  Does this information help any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you uninstalled it from Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, or with the uninstaller that I linked to in my earlier post?

Also, can you try to clear your browser cache before trying the install again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled it last week through the control panel.  Just tried clearing my cache and downloading it again but still getting the same error message that it can't create a temporary file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstaller that I linked to in my initial response clears more than Add/Remove Programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the link you posted for the uninstaller.  That didn't make any difference.  I'm still getting the same message when I try to download flash player....it can't create a temporary file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us the exact error message you are getting? Does it mention a folder or file name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said earlier the message I get is "Cannot create temporary file.  Perhaps your hard disk is full?"  I assume it is talking about my hard drive But my hard drive is nowhere near full.  Why would it be telling me that?  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed that you posted the full message after your original post. However, I am not quite sure what is causing thing.

Can you check what your temp folder is?

Start | Run | cmd | echo %temp%

Is there lots of stuff in this folder?

type cd %temp% in the above Command Prompt,

then del *.*

If that does not fix your problem, could it be that some anti-malware program prevents the creation of temp files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the most computer knowledgeable person so I'm not sure what you mean.  I understand the start/run/cmd part and I get the command prompt.  Do I just type in exactly as you have there....echo %temp%.....I tried that and didn't get anything.  It just told me that it wasn't a proper command prompt.  Please let me know if there is something I need to do different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I want you to do, but I don't understand why you get an error.  See below image (not quite sure if I can post it; there are still a few bugs in this new forum).

cmd.png

Click on it to get the full image size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After seeing your prompt screen, I understood what to do so I went through that process and deleted and then tried to download.  Same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After cd %temp% - did you also do the del *.* ? (Just to be sure.)

This may become more complicated than expected; so far everytime I have seen this message, uninstalling with the Adobe Reader uninstaller resolved the problem. But obviously there may be more causes for this error message to occur.

Do you have one or more anti-malware applications active? Can you deactivate them temporarily, and try the installation again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the del *.* command and nothing changed.  I use Mcafee for my virus protection.  I turned that off to try to install flash player and still got the same message.  I took this problem to my dad who is a pretty knowledgeable person with computers and he said he had never seen anything like it before.  It's frustrating.  You've been very helpful....any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed a very unusual problem - all cases I have seen with this error message have been resolved with the Flash Player uninstaller utility mentioned in my reply no. 1.

Can you run that echo %temp% again in the Command Prompt, and tell me what your Temp folder is?

Next we will need to open Windows Explorer and check the Properties (Security) of that Temp folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Documents and Settings\Chad Grems>echo %temp%

C:\Docume~1\ChadGr~1\locals~1\temp

C:\Documents and Settings\Chad Grems>cd %temp%

C:\Docume~1\ChadGr~1\locals~1\temp>del *.*

C:\Docume~1\ChadGr~1\locals~1\temp\*.*, Are you sure (y/n)? y

C:\Docume~1\ChadGr~1\locals~1\temp\~DF4495.tmp

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

C:\Doume~1\ChadGr~1\locals\temp\~DF6DA.tmp

Access is denied.

C:\Docume~1\ChadGr~1\locals~1\temp\~DF726.tmp

Access is Denied.

I wish I could have just copied this but I couldn't do it so I typed it out exactly as I did it on the command prompt.  I hope now that you see what exactly was on my command prompt, it may give you an idea if I could do something different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, you cannot copy from the Command Prompt window. (You can have the output written to a text file, but let's cover that another time.)

Can you open Windows Explorer, then paste C:\Docume~1\ChadGr~1\locals~1\temp (or simply %temp%) into the Address bar? You should see your Temp folder in the left-hand pane; right-click on it, and select Properties, then tab Security.

Click on your user name, then check if you have 'Full Control' on this folder. Also check if SYSTEM has 'Full Control'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the temp forlder and right clicked on the folder name as you said in your last response.  But there is no security tab there so I can't get to my user name to click on "full control".  Is there another way to get to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you don't see a Security tab, as below? Could it be that your C: drive is formatted as FAT32 (instead of NTFS)?

Temp.png

Now I'm kind of running out of ideas. (Don't go away, though, I will do some more investigation and come back.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem aswel. my computer uses windows vista and when i go to download flashplayer 10 it pops up with the same message " cannot create temporary file. maybe your hard disk is full? " (attached is a picture). i have tried all of the above and still, nothing...

let me know if there is anything to fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you were able to post that screen.  That is exactly the same message I have been getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into "temp properties" and there are three tabs under mine.  They are General, Sharing, and Customize.  I also looked at how I am formatted and it is NTFS.  I wish I knew how to post what I'm seeing on here so you can see exactly what I'm doing but I don't know how.  So I hope my descriptions have been good enough.  Thank you for all your help and I'll look forward to hearing more from you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were sitting in front of your computer I could think of many things to check, but since I am not, I only have a few shots in the dark.

First, let's try to clear the Flash Player's own temporary files. This is easiest done by using CCleaner. Download, install, and run it. On tab Applications, Multimedia, check 'Adobe Flash Player'. Before you click 'Run Cleaner' make sure that Cookies are unchecked under Windows (Internet Explorer) and Applications (whatever other browsers you have).

Now click 'Run Cleaner'; this may run for a few minutes because it does a lot of cleaning. Do not run the Registry cleaner!

Did this make any difference - try to install Flash Player again.

Next thing I would try is to run CHKDSK - Start -> Run -> cmd -> chkdsk /f

You may need to reboot to get CHKDSK to run.

Last thing for today, check your system for malware that is not covered by McAfee (what product is it exactly, VirusScan?). Run a full system scan with Trendmicro Housecall - it will show you if you have any malware infection on your system that could be responsible for your Flash Player installation problem.

Sorry, I will be off for a few days, but I may check in here sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I have the exact same problem nothing of the above worked and I also only have the same options in properties in the temp folder... But i also have another temp folder but there's nothing in it.. Should there be two? I've attached a screen shot of the temp properties.

Samantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines