• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

enabling flash player for kindle fire

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player  is installed on all kindle fire tablets. To enable, go to any web page. At bottom of kindle fire, in panel where house Icon is located, tap the half-box with 3 lines in it: this opens settings which are different from those listed when you tap settings at the top of the kindle. Scroll down to  "Flash Player". By default, it is off. Tap it. Choose "Always on" rather than "on demand". You will now see the words "always on" under the Flash Player setting. That's all there is to it.

TOPICS
OS

Views

1.9M

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the settings and set Flash to Always On, but some games that use it require a newer version of Adobe Flash. I tried to update it, but I'm told the version hasn't changed. I did wait for a bit, check to see if it was in the Downloads section, and try again, waiting for a bit longer with the page still up. No change. What's happening? What should I do? I really apprieciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first gen kindle fire comes preinstalled with Flash, so you can just toggle the settings. But all other gens require installing flash and the dolphin browser. Check out this site for more info: http://kindlefiretuts.com/how-to-install-flash-to-the-kindle-fire-all-gens/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so my kindle fire doesnt have a flash player on/off switch????  All mine says is Enable flash forward to allow predictive loading to speed up page load time? I need flash player so I appreciate any and all help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindle uses Android and Android no longer supports Flash. It's almost a year and a half since they dropped it. Try using Dolphin as your browser, and viewing Flash content through its plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video tutorial on how to install Flash onto your Kindle Fire: http://flashplayerkindlefire.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An up to date tutorial how to do in in less than 60 sec is here:

[broken link removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option on my amazon fire 7 for adobe, and I'm trying to load some stuff that requires  flash player and I have loaded it, but its not working. I do not have the icon to turn it on like on the tutorial..HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player for supported platforms.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe dropped support for Flash Player on Android back around 2011.  Amazon had been doing some server-side magic where they effectively streamed a Flash Player instance running on AWS back down to your tablet.  That effort was done independently Amazon, and we don't really have an insight into how, why or where it works at this point.  Amazon's technical support is your best option for informed guidance.

That said, the only Android solution that I'm aware of at this point is the Puffin browser, but I don't see it on the Amazon store.  I *do* see the Dolphin browser (Amazon.com: Dolphin - Best Web Browser 🐬: Appstore for Android ) and they offer an accompanying "Flash Player" add-on, which might help.  Again, it's not our product, and I haven't used it, so I can't endorse it.  Dolphin has been around for a long time; however, and Flash support is one of their big value propositions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the age of this thread and the number of recipients getting email notifications, I'm going to lock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines