• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 2753.The File is not marked for installation

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an oldie but a goodie. We have the following error occur on machines when we try to upgrade machines to the newest flash player:

Product: Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin -- Error 2753.The File 'InstallPlugin.exe' is not marked for installation.

The only way we have been able to correct this is outlined here:

http://www.eversity.nl/blog/2012/05/adobe-flash-player-install-error-2753-the-file-installax64-exe-i...

Our IS department wrote a .Net app that automates this process a bit, but it would be nice if the Adobe installer would detect and correct this error, as we push out Flash updates via GPO.

Any takers on this?? PLEASE!!

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you maybe provide me with the script youre using to eliminate old Adobe reg keys in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products" - would love to have that temporary solution as well. Reach out to me at frank.wagner@jam-reisen.de

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be glad to have the script too. You can reach me at imohame2@gmu.edu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, can verify that this is working, after manual Uninstalltion of Flash ActiveX & Plugin no reinstallation possible. Deleted all keys under "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products" with flash activex or flash plugin (btw... they all got references to an old sccm cache folder they where installed from in the past) and after that voila Installation of actual Version deployed through sccm is installing fine.

This Behavior only exists on ca. 15 out of 300 clients... dont know why ... All new clients install fine

So now i dont want to fix this my own on all not updatable Versions installed - Is there a chance to automate this, or maybe a fix in the next installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in 11.5, but it only applies to systems going forward.  If you have a system already affected you'll need to run one of the workarounds (like deleting the offending entries in the registry).  I'm looking into automating this, as soon as I do I'll make sure to post in the forums and make a tech note.  If anyone gets to this before me, please let us know and we'll make sure to publicize your fix if you're willing to share with the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, any luck with automating the resolution to this issue?  I am down to 20 machines that wont install flash 11.5 for this specific reason.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very least, is there a way to querry mulple computers to find out which PCs have updated and which have not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using sccm to deploy software updates like adobe's flash player, you can get this information from the report 'Status of a specific advertisement'.  You'd just export the list of machines listed as failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, we're using Group Policy to deploy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sort of figured you were.  Honestly I've never looked into deploying software through group policy so unfortunately I wont be much help there.  How do you typically verify that a client received and applied an update you push out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still seeing this error with the latest release of Shockwave Player being deployed via MSI (12.1.0.150) using GP. I had to delete the registry keys for the 12.0 version installed before the MSI would install properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed problems with deploying Flash 11.5.502.110 plugin based.

In Events View I noticed error 2753. The File InstallPlugin.exe is not marker for installation, and trying to run msi installer at workstation that was affected to that problem, even I was logged with administrative priviliges it showed info that due to lack admin priviliges it cannot be installed.

Then I tryied to run this version of Flash as .exe and installation went without any problems...

what is the cause of that problem (problem with workstations with Vista and Win7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade Shockwave 11.6 to Shockwave 12.1.7.157

I have three VMs just imaged with the same imaged, placed in the same OU with the same GPOs with Windows 7. I installed Shockwave 11.6 manually full installation.

When trying to deploy with SCCM 2007 the package to install Shockwave 12.1.7.157 I am getting on 30% of the machines (1 out of 3) two errors:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        MsiInstaller

Date:          4/22/2015 7:34:11 PM

Event ID:      10005

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      win7-10-test1.ad

Description:

Product: Adobe Shockwave Player 11.6 -- Error 2753.The File 'swhelper_1166636.exe' is not marked for installation.

AND

Log Name:      Application

Source:        MsiInstaller

Date:          4/22/2015 7:34:13 PM

Event ID:      10005

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      win7-10-test1.ad

Description:

Product: Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 -- Error 2753.The File 'swhelper_1217157.exe' is not marked for installation

Any updates on these issues...

Thanks,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case the installation was failing near the end and after numerous (and I mean numerous) attempts by my IT group, Adobe Support, and myself I finally got it to get far enough to work. The side-effects are that it would not go directly into Acrobat 2017 without an OK for the application to run on PDFs, and I could not get the application icon to display on any PDF files.  I also started getting this error when trying to run Visio Standard, which was hindering me from even running the application.

I took someones advice herein to do remove the Adobe related programs in the install registry directory and then i could not do a Repair from inside the application. So instead I went to the Settings.Aps and Features area instead and did the 'Modify' button from there and at least after running this time the Error 2753 has stopped, and the application starts immediately as it should.  Yeah!  (The icon issue is still there although I have tried defaulting everything I can to fix it...  but that is a super minor one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the age and convolution of this thread, I'm going to lock it.

If you're experiencing an installation issue at this point, we'd be happy to help.  Check out the guidance that follows, and simply start a new thread if you're still stuck.  Please include installation logs if you're experiencing an installation failure.

If you haven't rebooted yet, that's a great place to start.  At minimum, it will eliminate a bunch of potential roadblocks for other steps.

If rebooting doesn't help, please see the installation troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Collecting and posting the logs would help us improve the product, and the links to the offline installers at the bottom of the guide should get you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines