• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook - Farm Town Issues

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest version of Flash has issues that make some of the features of Farm Town not work properly when using Firefox or Chrome.  The forum at Slashkey is loaded with complaints regarding this and it doesn't seem to matter what computer or operating system is being used.  How long will it be before there is a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

I've played FarmTown a fair bit and while its been a while I understand what you are saying.  Can you give me your platform (OS, Browser version, Player version) information.

Thanks,

~Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes security changes to the player will require updates from some content creators.  We do our best not to break content as to negatively affect the user experience but in the case of security its more imporant to keep "your" computer safe sometimes.   I am sure they are aware of the changes and are working on fixes as we write these posts.

If you can let us know of the specific features that are no longer working it could help our internal investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were told this is an Adobe issue and not a Facebook or Slashkey issue.

The specific issues, which may not make sense to anyone not playing Farm Town, is that when we hover over a crop or tree, we would normally see what it is, if it's fertilized and the percentage of growth.  This information is usually two short lines.  Since the update we now we only the first 3 characters and they are vertical instead of horizontal.

I should also mention that I CAN see the information if I zoom all the way in or sometimes when I am at the outside edges of the farm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've played FarmTown a fair bit and while its been a while I understand what you are saying.  Can you give me your platform (OS, Browser version, Player version) information.

Thanks,

~Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles...  or should I say "neighbor" 

WIN7

FF 5.0.1

Flash Player 10.3.183.5

I've heard that people are also having trouble using Chrome, any version and it appears it is for all versions of FF.  I tried IE8 and that worked fine.  From what I'm seeing at the Slashkey forum it doesn't seem to matter what the operating system or browser version is.  Note:  I do not use IE9 because HP said it isn't totally compatible with WIN7.

I think it's also worth mentioning that people are reporting that it isn't just Farm Town.  They are having trouble with all kinds of Facebook games.  Since you played FT you might want to hop over to the Slashkey forum and read what's being said.  It's VERY busy over there right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there someplace we can get previous releases that are not

debugger versions for developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either Google to find it or go right to the Adobe site.  They have instructions there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing this problem with I.E.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it out on IE8 and it's not a problem but according to what I've read at the Slashkey forum it doesn't seem to be a problem with IE at all.  It's only Chrome and FF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this it is not a problem on IE8 or IE9 as long as

they have not been upgraded to new version. If they have been upgraded then it is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now see posts at the Slashkey forum from people reporting that it's happening to those using IE as well.  I have no idea which version.  And part of the problem with their explanations is that some don't know which version of Flash they have or if it was an auto update or not.

Edited to add...  As of 7:10p I am now having the problem on IE8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info.  I have everything I need at this point and I have reproduced what you seeing.  I am currently in the process of trying to determine next steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you...  I'll look forward to your response.  I am notifying the moderators at Slashkey as to what is happening on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charles, I have downloaded the zip file for version 10

.3.181.34 so now which version inside

do I need to install for

Google Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For system security reasons we suggest downgrading your player version but if you plan to do so you can follow instuctions at the below location.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

To find the current installed version you can go here

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't answer my question Charles. I did download the version 10.3.181.34 zip file.

There are 4 different files for loading it.

flashplayer10_3r181_34_win.exe

flashplayer10_3r181_34_win_sa.exe

flashplayer10_3r181_34_winax.exe

flash-plugin-10.3.181.34-release.i386.rpm

Which one do I use for Google Chrome??

Since Chrome normally does its own updating all I want to do is install the older version too and then disable the 10.3.183.5 until the problem is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can disable plun-ing my typing chrome://plugins/ in the URL window.

When you disable the built in Chrome Flash Player plugin the system wide install will take over.  In your case you need to run flashplayer10_3r181_34_win.exe for Firefox, Safari or Chrome browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That was what I needed to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2011 Aug 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had a few people download and install the Flash Player 11 Beta 2 and that has worked for them. The problem I have is understanding how a Beta version that was released the same day as 10.3.183.5 would work when the release version doesn't. The beta should have all the same functions as the release version plus added functions therefore should work the same on existing functions. Could it be that the release version did not compile correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled the newest version, shutdown/re-start, loaded the archived version 10.3.181.34, still doesn't work for IE9/Chrome (by disabling Shockwave flash).

However FF 6.0 works, but not very smoothly, getting reload/re-try messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edelsma wrote:

doesn't work for IE9/Chrome (by disabling Shockwave flash).

Why do you expect it to work after you disable it...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because although I installed the older version, for Chrome still shows the latest version of Shockwave Flash.

Margaret

ON, Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is embedded in Chrome; if you want an older FP version, you must install an older version of Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but I could still see the latest version in Plug-in's

Margaret

ON, Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try what Charles suggested in his earlier post at http://forums.adobe.com/message/3858561#3858561

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines