Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 9: Failed to Install tn_19166 - can't get it to install

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried to install Flash 9 a number of times but continue to get the same error message:

Failed to install. For Troubleshooting please see: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

See my system info below. I also tried everything under tn_19166 and the info in the forum posted at the bottom of this post.

Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Chris

SYSTEM INFO
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
System Model Dell Inspiron 8500
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2193 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A06, 7/12/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 143.99 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

ACTIONS TRIED
01/15/2008 11:55:34 PM
Reply | Quote | Top | Bottom

Download the uninstaller for Flash Player from "How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control"

http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

Quit ALL running applications, including all Internet Explorer or other browser windows, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, or other Messengers. Check the Windows system tray carefully to make certain no applications which might possibly use Flash Player are still in memory.

Install the new Flash Player from here:

www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

Check to see if Flash Player is installed:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,

Darren J. McNally,
Technical Support Engineer, Adobe
Flash/Flash Player Support

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2008 Feb 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this tool, and it did work once, then (probably after some MS update, or perhaps after installling Adobe Creative Suite) the player problem resurrected itself. I reused this tool which I'd kept in my downloaded files with no luck. Do you think I need to reinstall the SubInACL tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2008 Feb 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend doing so. Let us know how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2008 Feb 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message to Adobe Stuff:

Does this problem happened from Adobe side or Microsoft side
Because for me as developer ,it is not how to solve this problem for me,it is beyound that
To how my application users will install the player again
Since this problem touch the main core of our business when flash player looses internet spread and popularity

Feras Darweesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2008 Feb 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic. I followed your instructions and it solved my problem.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2008 Feb 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2008 Feb 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like there are two problems. I can download and install the player plug in but not Active X controls. I believe the tool from MS is worthless but takes up alot of space, if I can translate it's goggly goo it says there are problems in the registry but doesn't fix them.

I can live w/o flashy stuff on my pages however I'm wanting to install a program dependent on Active X controls. It gives the message 'failed to initiate flash player. Please re-install (the program)'.

How are people having success with the stand-alone installers...you'd think when the Active X file is separate I'd have more installation luck but I get the same 19166 message?

Psychiatrists are probably doubling their income from these 'tiny' software glitches...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that when you log into a computer, unless you have "administrative" priviledges, you probably will not be able to use my instructions.

You should be able to try the instructions, and if you end up not having administrative priviledges, then it will let you know you do not have permission to perform my instructions.

If you don't, then please come back and let us know so we can help you further. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2008 Jun 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hawe read here a solution of this problem, but i don't finf it now. Search for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

There are two steps to solve this problem. First, get 

1. Adobe cleaner tool, run it and select option 2  ( Adobe Flash Player 10.2) this will clean up problems you have with Flash Player.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

1. Get Flash Player uninstaller, this will remove all flash player files from your computer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_...

Try to install the software and you should be good.

Cheers!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines