Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash an issue

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 ..

Last week, suddenly, opening pages I got the response that I had to allow flash on games within Facebook .. I tried everything I could think of.  Ended up deleting flash and trying to reinstall it.  All I got was a notification saying "We are unable to verify the validity of the downloaded file" and the screen would close. 

I suspect this is also the reason I cannot open the FB Gameroom .... which happened about the same time.

I have been through all the instructions I can find ... and nothing seems to work.  
Any responses, please make them in laymans terms ... I am an older person

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe caused of adobe flash file to virus attack and corrupted. The game is high quality and wants to the updated flash to run it on Facebook, it can't load by flash. So it the reason behind you can't open FB Gameroom. You can delete cache your device and reinstall it again to continue to play game room on FB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I got was a notification saying "We are unable to verify the validity of the downloaded file" and the screen would close.

What website did you download the Flash Player installer from?

I suspect this is also the reason I cannot open the FB Gameroom .... which happened about the same time.

Gameroom app is based on Chromium, and thus uses the PPAPI plugin for Chromium-based applications.  Please ensure you are attempting to install the correct plugin.  To download the PPAPI plugin, do the following:

1. Launch a browser and navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
  2. In step 1, select your operating system - Windows 10/Windows 8
  3. In step 2, select FP 31 for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI
    1. Depending on your browser/os combination, there may be 3rd party offerings.  To decline, uncheck the checkbox
  4. Click on the Download now button on the bottom right corner
  5. The installation file will be saved locally
  6. Locate the saved file (usually in the Downloads directory)
  7. Double-click it to launch the installer and follow the on-screen prompts to proceed with installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does the same for my [moderator: link removed (no flash encountered) - self promoting your site is not allowed on these user-to-user forums]! Anyone knows what's up with the new flash version???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe download it from another Site and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe download it from another Site and try again

This is bad advice.  If you look through these forums you'll encounter hundreds of posts of people downloading the installer from non-Adobe sites and getting a malicious installer that installs malware, etc.  The only place to download an unaltered Flash Player installer is from adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines