• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Error: Failed to install go to adobe...tn_19166 No help at all

New Here ,
May 16, 2009 May 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read several of the posts and tried some of the fixes, but can't seem to install flash on my pc.  I have downloaded uninstall and install flash from Pat on here, but when I go to reinstall, I get the error message listed in the title.  When I go to the tech note, it is like a maze written in a different language.  I have tried some of the fixes, download SubInACL, changed my internet settings, everything I could think of.  I am sure that I am missing just one setting or something crazy.  If anyone has any ideas, let me know.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2010 Feb 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, You really need to start your own thread. Bringing up a thread this old with this many posts is a waste of time. It takes

too much time to wade thru and your post doesn't give any information and speaking for myself I have no earthly idea what you are talking about.

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - thank you for your kind reply. If you click on the poster's name at the beginning of my reply, perhaps that would clear things up for you. If not, no worries, maybe Makeflashwork will respond. If he/she does not, and I'm still not a fan of Firefox, then maybe I'll start another thread. Thanks for looking into this though and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chris, thanks for the reply. I did read thru some of the posts, but you know each person's problems are so different

because of OS/browser or browsers, add ons, toolbars, Anti-Virus, Firewalls, and on and on. That is why it is always better to have your own thread.

Also keep in mind that many users that post here, when they leave they stop their email notifications so wouldn't even

know that you posted to the original thread.

Just trying to let you know the best way to get help.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use forums much because of stuff like this. When you post a problem, people that post hundreds a day freak out and type "Do a search! This has been covered here before!" And evidently when you post on one of those, someone tells you to start a new thread. I posted on that particular thread and to that specific reply because it matched my current situation perfectly.  I can't win - I give up.

As I stated, if he doesn't respond or no one did (which wouldn't surprise me due to the age of the thread) I might start a new thread. But again, forget it. Microsoft is supposed to call me today so I'll see if I can get it fixed.

I do understand you were just trying to help, but just fyi it really didn't help me at all. Thanks for trying and have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2010 Feb 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris, I understand why you posted to that thread. I was just trying to explain to you why it is so much easier if you start your own thread. You understand what your problem is, but I don't. I have to read all of the previous posts and try to figure out what each poster's problem is, then which poster's "fix" either worked or didn't work and why. It just takes way too much time to go thru all of that.

A great thread is "I installed FP and youtube won't work" or " I can't install FP" The person that takes the time to register

and start their own thread takes priority. Several of these people that were posting, UNLESS they had a solution, should have been told "Start your own thread" , you are hijacking the thread, you are disrupting this thread!

That is the way it is designed to work, otherwise the forum could be just one long thread, then we could change the name to the Adobe Thread.

If MS doesn't fix your issue(which I still don't know what it is), then......SYOT:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. Even tho your problems may be similar, because of the different Operating Systems and

browsers, add ons, Toolbars, Anti-virus programs, Firewalls and programs installed they really are not. You could search quite awhile before you found someone with the exact set up as yourself.

Also keep in mind that some users stop their email notification feature when they leave the forum or their issue is resolved. So it could be that the person that started the thread would not even know when someone posts to the thread

they started.

Just wanted you know the best way to get help on the Adobe forum.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All

I started having the same issue last week to a lot of pcs in our company and followed all the knowledgebases on getting the offical uninstall and install and also the "SubInACL" change and this is what I have discovered.

You will notice that when you install or uninstall Flash player that it hangs. If you have Task manager running on the process tab you will see a process called nsxx.tmp (where xx = it varies) If you end the process, and there maybe multiple, the installer or uninstaller will run fine. 

Not sure what the nsxx.tmp process is and can't find much about it on the internet.

Hope this helps at least with installing or uninstalling flash player.

Tel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines