• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash fails to install on vista

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting so frustrated. I have tried eveything to download version 10 of the flash player and nothing seems to work. In the middle of downloading I get the error box that says it has failed to install. I've uninstalled, re-installed, reset the computer, turn it on safe mode. even the registry thing that run in the black box says windows does not recognize command and that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?Am I stupid or something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, ok - calm down...

First thing you should try

• Turn off User Account Control within the Control Panel, then try the install again.

If this works, turn UAC back on after successful installation.

If it does not work, please post back with more information, i.e. what browser you are trying to install it in.

P.S. I don't understand the "registry thing"; can you point me to where you found that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that. Please tell me what to do once I have the control panel up. And the registry thing is the SUBINACL thing I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an advice I have taken from other posts. Unfortunately I don't have Vista, never used it, and I cannot give you practical step-by-step advice on Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I don't see any option anywhere that allows me to turn user accounts off.  I tried to restart my computer, uninstall and re-install again just to see what would happen and that did not work. What should I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Google; search for Vista turn off User Account Control - there are hundreds, if not thousands of results for these search keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines