• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash for IE on Win8 does not update to Flash 11.4, stuck on 11.3

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Win8 RTM laptop I am stuck on Flash version 11.3.372.94.

On my Win8 release preview desktop and on my release preview virtual machine I am stuck on Flash version 11.3.370.178.

When I go to the Flash download page to manually update I get the page in the screenshot below no matter what I do.  As I understand it Windows 8 Windows Update is supposed to update Flash but this doesn't seem to be happening for either the RTM or the release preview.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1786/flashdoesntupdateforie.png

Anyhow, I still tried to manually download and install Flash 11.4 for IE but it won't install:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2272/activexflashwontinstall.png

Wondering when it will be updated or if there is a problem on my end?  No idea where to go because manual update isn't even an option here.  Could use some light on this situation...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 8, the Flash Player Active X control will be updated updated by the Windows update service.  Since Windows 8 has not yet been released for general availability, the update channel is not active.  Once this goes live, you'll start getting updates to Flash Player.  As such, there are no updates to the Flash Player at this time and no workaround for installing a later version.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Chris.  I would be amazed if Microsoft took over 2 months (Win8 general availability is October 26) to issue an update as I have already received some updates for other parts of Windows.  One bad Flash advertisement on some random ad network and there goes your system...  Using Windows Update was supposed to make this whole process of updating Flash into a seamless and invisible process.  I hope this doesn't keep happening to Windows 8 users on every Flash update.  Kind of amazing Microsoft didn't plan for Flash updates given that it is constantly updated just like any web browser is updated.  I mean it may not be generally available but it's still RTM.  That's how the ball bounces though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is yet another example of Adobe's poor security support. After all this time, why haven't they rebuilt Flash from the ground up with security in mind? Not making patches available for early adaptors is unconscionable. I wonder if they are liable for our hacked compuyters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to point out that Windows 8 server is now generally available and a Flash update is still missing in action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whaatttttt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe have no control for Windows 8 update. I recommend you to have this discussion at Microsoft forum rather than here. 

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a thread over here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_8/unable-to-update-flash-on-internet-explor...

Login and click the "Me Too" button if you want Microsoft to count you as having this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines