• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash not working for regular users since update to 10.0.22.87

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i piggy backed a couple of threads yesterday thinking the issues were related.....however it appears that those issues were different since our flash does install just fine as admin but cant be used by regular users

as advised by Pat i am starting a new thread

###

we had flash installed as admin and all users were fully functional until our update.  from that time on we can install as admin and it is fully functiona but regular users dont see the flash installed at all.

notes:

version upgrade from 10.0.12.36 >>10.0.22.87

we ran an update that appears to have updated the flash active x component

win2003 servers w/ terminal servers and citrix - all are using ie/6...we also have some servers that also have firefox3 which are also encountering the same issues.

things were working for all users the day before yesterday...however since the update (run as admin) yesterday am regular users are unable to access any flash files...the active x add-on is gone for all regular users

reinstalling as admin works well and the active x ad-on is there....however switching back to regular users shows no functionality.

uninstalled and reinstalled several times with no resolution

i have looked at system32 folders and reg entries in hklm/software/macromedia/flash and permission appear to be fine

also note: shockwace is still functional....even after uninstalling and then reinstalling as admin our regular users can test/view the shockwave

any advice is appreciated

thanks in advance

greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to uninstall all Flash Player components with the uninstaller from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157 ?

I actually don't know if Flash Player needs to be installed as an admin... what happens if you install as a standard user?

Also, for Internet Explorer, can you start it in Safe Mode:

Start -> Run -> iexplore -extoff

then install in this mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok - after going over this several times we have it fixed....maybe not the best solution in the world but it is resolved.

Issues were definitley with the latest version 10 locking out regular users. Our install process for flash have not changed for years so i still feel comfortable with what we did to update the servers but again i think there is a bug in the install portion of the lates flash.  I also verified the permissions in the registry to make sure they were the same as our working servers and everything still appeared ok.

We do not allow regular users to install software so that was never an option.

after researching and listening to everyones advice we needed to do a couple of things.

1. run the uninstall tool but....note we needed to run it from the command prompt with the /clean switch

2. i downloaded the old flash archives for both 10 and 9 but all the installs kept prompting us to get the latest player....so we had to try something else

3. we found our older flash install with a .msi extenstion which installed jsut fine....we have done thorough testing on a dev server and couple of of prod servers for several days before rolling this out the rest of our server farm

current version we are running is 9.0.115.0

I realize rolling back to 9.0 is not an ideal fix...but it DID install correctly and did resolve all permissions issues

thanks to everyone for their comments and advice

g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines