• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 10 sux ass!!!! Is anyone at Adobe reading this forum?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same install problem as everyone else. Where you at Adobe? Do you care that your product won't install properly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would provide some information about your install problem, somebody could possibly help. "Everybody else" is not having installation problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same installation problem that many, many people are having.

I tried updating my flash player to 10 but it won't install. I have followed all the trouble shooting instructions including SublnACL. Youtube says I need Flash Player, ABC says I need Flash Player, Fox says I need Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I would suggest you stop visiting the Fox News web site. That's probably part of the reason you're reacting so irrationally to a simple software issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help jacka$$.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still don't give any information about your problem; we don't know your OS, your browser, or how you are trying to install. Do you get any error message(s), or how it "won't install"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running XP. I am downloading from the Adobe site. I get the install window, click the install button, and then nothing. No

sucessful download message. No skateboarding dog. The download is putting the files on my computer. I have checked

C:/windows/system32/maromed/flash and the files are there. I have even double clicked the FlashUtil10b.exe file and got a

successfully installed message. But when I go to any website (Youtube,Facebook, ABC.com, Fox.com) I get a message saying

that I need to install the Flash Player. I have tried all the tips in the troubleshooting section and have read about 4 pages into this

forum and have tried everything suggested to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds if you are using Internet Explorer; what version?

Did the OCX file (Flash10b.ocx) install?

Do you get any result when you visit http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Does it install when you start Internet Explorer in Safe Mode?

Do you have anything in the event logs that shows why the Flash Player installation was prevented?

Can you download and run the Flash Player uninstaller from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157, then try again? (Make sure all browser windows are closed when you run the uninstaller.)

Message was edited by: pwillener

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IE8. I was running IE7 when the problem started. I installed IE8 in hopes that that would fix it.

I have the .ocx file

I do not get a result when I go to the link you posted. I have a blank window with a red "x" in upper left.

I haven't tried Safe Mode yet. I will try.

The install log is full of stuff unfortunately this forum does not let you cut and paste.

I have run the uninstaller and reinstalled about 10 times today.

I appreciate you trying to help. I realize that the Flash Player is free but if Adobe is going to put it out there and so many popular sites are going to use it, then they should support it better. This is a problem that goes back at least a month. I have drilled about 4 pages down into this forum and have found at least a half dozen posts on the exact same problem. If you run a google search you will find literally hundreds of people having the same problem. Hell, if Adobe wants to charge me for it, thats fine. I just want the damn thing to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install log is full of stuff unfortunately this forum does not let you cut and paste.

I have just pasted the above sentence from your post into this forum - no problem with cut-and-paste. Is it possible that something is wrong with your IE8 installation?

I don't know if Flash Player must be installed with admin rights - do you have admin rights?

The last idea I have is that you could try to manually register the OCX file

regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx

I personally think it's a very rare thing that Flash Player does not install. Out of the millions and millions of users, only a few (you found half a dozen) have any problems. Since there may be several causes that can prevent the successful installation, there is probably not just an easy one-way fix. The best way to find what's preventing the installation is looking at the event log, at exactly the time when the installation failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went in in safe mode and installed Flash Player. Installed perfectly. Saw the movie and everything. Restarted the computer in normal mode and when I tried to play a video from youtube I got the same old message that I need to instal the Flash Player.

Screw it. I'm giving up. I am going to send emails to youtube and others and let them know that there are many of us who cant enjoy their sites because of this problem. Thanks for trying pwillener. I do appreciate it.

Hopefully Adobe will do something to try to help but I doubt it. My advice is if you have 9 installed to keep it. If you "install" 10 your asking for trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems; there must be something on your computer (in normal mode) that prevents Flash Player. It is impossible for me to tell what it is from here.

What I actually meant by Safe Mode was running Internet Explorer in Safe Mode, not Windows.  You can start Internet Explorer in Safe Mode (without extensions) from Start -> Run

iexplore -extoff

If that does not let you successfully install Flash Player, then it must be something running on your computer that does not run under Windows Safe Mode, e.g. firewall, anti-virus, or anti-spyware. It may even be some malware that could do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat -- I would like to thank you for putting up with type of behavior.  I have been having the same issues as this guy and figured it wasn't as Adobe isssue.  Your suggestion of running IE in Safe Mode got me headed in the right direction.  I have the Vista operating System and am using IE 8.  When I ran IE in Safe Mode I found that the Add-on Manager was disabled.  Even though in Normal Mode it was showing the Add-on Manager as being enabled.  So I changed the setting and downloaded the Flash Player and it is working like a charm.

Thanks for your assistance, you have someone who really appreciates your efforts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good news - thank you for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on this for about three days.  I have Vista Business and IE8, and the sucker (FP10) just wouldn't install.  Installing with IE in safe mode as you describe did it.  It just took me a long time to find you!  I don't have THAT many add-ons enabled.  I suspect that it might be a Symantec/Norton issue.  There is one rather ominous security add on that got put aside in safe mode.  Anyway, I was VERY happy to see the little icon dancing.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2009 May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,  appreciate your patience with BigBri but I can understand his/her frustrations.  I too have been having trouble with AF since I upgraded to AF10.  At first, I thought it was due to the new security software I had installed (CA Security Suite).  I worked with them on this for quite a while before finally deciding that I would just completely uninstall the software to see if that was really the problem.  I have uninstalled it and I still have the problem.  I have tried to find AF9 that I could install but can not find it.  I have followed most of the suggestions on this forum to correct my problem but none of them have worked.  When I install AF10, I never get the video telling me that the installation was completed successfully.  When I try to open something that uses flash, I just get a blank stare (so to speak).  I'm running Windows XP 2002, service pack 2 (I don't install service pack 3 because it causes issues with my adobe acrobate 6.0 standard) and I'm running IE7.  I have tried to install AF10 while IE is in safemode and it will not install.  I would check the log for errors as suggested earlier but I do not know how to do that.  Any light you could shed on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2009 May 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to download the offline Flash Player ActiveX installer from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe, then run it while Internet Explorer is closed.

To download Flash Player 9, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/, specify Windows98/ME, and download/install the IE version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend all users having problems try this solution first.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/430948

I have posted this on a couple of websites, and so far it has fixed everyones problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having the same trouble with Flash Player. Yesterday I dwnlded it at least 3 times to no avail. Today clicking Agree & Download goes nowhere. The battle has go on for several days or weeks getting worse as days ware on with total crashing until now. At one point the Crash Window stated the problem was Adobe Flash Player at Flash 10c.ocx. I have not seen the 10c message on the postings except one time--somewhere. . .

Also sometime in the past I checked from the crash box to see the Add-ons info & I DID CLICK the DISABLE box. Now I can't get that box to come back to click the enable box. I see you have mentioned it in your post, so please: Where do I find the Enable/Disable box. THAT could be my problem. After Disabling, I have deleted Flash, restarted, Downloaded it again, restarted, crashed, then started over several times. Never seen this Enable/Disable box since. My Windows is XP & I am upgrading just now to IE 8 (hope that is not a mistake already). I am LOW Tech--as possibly evident to you already. Any help will be appreciated. It does appear several websites we enjoy require Flash to view. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What in the world is going on with Adobe Flash Player?

I am totally dismayed and disgusted.  First my Ipod breaks and I cannot access youtube.  Yes, I am a youtube fiend.  Now, for the past 3 days I am trying to troubleshoot the reason I cannot access youtube.  It is asking me to download the Adobe Flash Player 10.  I think I have tried to download and troubleshoot about 80 times over this past weekend.  I am at a total loss as to why I cannot get any humans to help me online to resolve this irritating and I know simple problem.  I am not a computer tech guru as you can tell.  I am about to hire a tech from my job to come to my home to solve this problem. 

First when I tried to install the last 50 times, the response was "failed to install".  A few hours ago the response was after installation "add ons were restricting me from installing",(whatever).  Could someone please have pity on me and tell me what to do.  I just installed Internet Explorer 8 this weekend thinking that it would help me.  I was totally wrong.  I swear I will pay someone to come to my house and help me resolve this problem.  I live in Jersey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling all of the Flash Player folders, opening the Internet Explorer in safe mode, and then doing the install from the Adobe site worked for me.  Opening Explorer in safe mode will depend on your operating system.  I think it is a security add on that is preventing the proper installation.  It just doesn't tell you that it is doing that.  Mine has continued to work great since it finally installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2009 May 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat.  Had this problem for a month and tried everything without luck.  Finally run the uninstaller and then reinstalled FP10: problem solved.  By the way I am running IE8 on Windows XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also continue to experience the same install problems (with internet explorer). I get a fail to install message  and am directed to adobe.com/go/bn_19166. I followed all of the instructions and still get the same problem. I can install successfully in firefox, but it does not work on sites that don't support forefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked my solution

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2247935#2247935

If it works leave a reply so that the thread keesp alive and other people can benefit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the personal hint, but no go. i will keep trying. some is too tech for me. i might need a pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines