• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3.300.257 Keeps Crashing On Mozilla Firefox 13

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my flash player to 11.3.300.257 and whenever I put video in full screen on twitch.tv, my flash player keeps crashing.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 13 & Windows 7 32-Bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey Jeromie, thanks for repsonding.

I dont see anything that says about:support under troubleshooting information, unless that's not where i'm supposed to be looking. I'm using 13.0. Under troubleshooting info there is this:

Extensions

Name         Steelhead Mobile Certificate Manager

Version      1.0.3

Enabled     false

ID             SteelheadMobileCertificateManager@riverbed.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you type "about:support" no quotes in the address bar of Firefox and hit enter, you should get the magic diagnostic page that I'm talking about.

about_support.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up to let you know that I am also having the same problem ie Adobe Flash Player crashing intermittently.

Windows 7 x64

Firefox 13.0.1

Flashplayer 11.3.300.257

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah....I just read thru all of these posts and I am looking for a solution to this Adobe Flash Player crashing issue.I'm not really 'angry' about it or anything....I just want to know that Adobe is working on a solution and it will be available in "X" days..if you really don't want us to go back to the downgraded version, I would certainly try to get out sooner than later of course.  I'm just looking for information....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Two laptops running Firefox 13 have been having issues with Adobe 9 crashing on a fairly regular basis (once every hour or so) over the past couple of days. 

Message says that "Adobe Flash Player 11.3 r300 has crashed".

Hopefully, the technies at Adobe and Firefox will get it sorted pretty soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a followup - since I've been back on 11.2 my flash has been 100% stable.  There is definitely something up with 11.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will try this, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your note.

We're working diligently in collaboration with Mozilla on fixing the remaining stability issues, but cannot comment publicly about a specific future release date.  Please know that we're working hard to get a fix into the community.  We also want to make sure that this fix does not introduce new problems.  This means that we both need to identify and fix the problem, as well as conduct extensive certification testing.  We're  testing candidate builds now, but may need to iterate if we identify any newly-introduced issues during that testing.  Once we have a fix available, we'll definitely be making announcements in the forums.

If you have a set of steps that always results in a crash, please share those with us now.  We have a couple consistently reproducible cases which are fixed, but more examples of consistent crashes will be really helpful in terms of validating our fix, or identifying additional issues that need to be investigated.

Please know that our goal is to always release a high-quality product, and that we spend a great deal of time and energy ensuring that we test across as wide an array of hardware and software configurations as possible while continuing to bring Flash developers a modern generation of capabilities for creating beautiful, engaging and compelling experiences in your favorite browser.  We apologize for any inconvenience, and are working hard to bring you a stable, secure and enjoyable experience.

While we conduct extensive testing on every new release (there were 2 private and 3 public beta releases for Flash Player 11.3 that spanned months, in addition to daily stability testing on our end that did not expose the issues that you are currently experiencing), there is a near-infinite number of combinations of operating systems, hardware and drivers in the field in addition to a steady pace of new technology.  We do our best to ensure that our releases are stable, and constantly refine and invent new testing techniques to ensure that we release the highest-quality products possible.

If you need to revert to a previous version temporarily, that's okay.  Please make sure that you always download Flash Player directly from Adobe to ensure that you're getting an authentic product.

Here's a guide on how to revert to a previous version:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4506372#4506372

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation.

As far as reproducing the crash - on my system, it just didn't work at all, I sometimes saw a flash of black background before the white screen, no audio - no controls, nothing. 

Windows 7 x64 - Current on all updates

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series video card, all drivers updated and current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tazz, do you have RealPlayer installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try disabling hardware acceleration?  There are instructions in the video troubleshooting guide, here (you can skip all of the other stuff):

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the RealPlayer plugin - no change.  I did all the other suggestions in the prior posts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taz - You actually have to do more than just disable the plugin within Firefox.  You need to turn off a preference within RealPlayer itself.  In case you haven't done this, here are the steps:

1. Launch RealPlayer
  2. Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.
  3. Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel
  4. Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"
  5. Click OK and close RealPlayer
  6. Restart Firefox

Video that walks you through the steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbu0k0rPwc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1&html5=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Campbell - that actually did work - first time I've seen more than just disabling the plugin.  I was just doing it in the browser.  I have 11.3 installed and working now.

Are there plans to fix the incompatability or are you leaving that up to RealPlayer, or was it by design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Real Player incompatibility will be up to Real to address.  Both Adobe and Mozilla have communicated this problem to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP I KEEP TRING TOO DOWNLOAD 11.3 FLASH PLAYER AN I GET SO FAR THEN I GET THIS INTERNET EXPLORER WITH A RED DOT ???? HOW CAN I GET THE FLASH PLAYER TOO INSTALL??? HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any specific examples but I have been watching the Eurocup via ESPN's website stream (ESPN3.com or WatchESPN.com).

As the game in question loads, the app crashes... it may crash several times but other times i just reload and things are fine.   I do not have RealPlayer installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the problem persist if you disable Hardware Acceleration?

There are instructions in the video troubleshooting guide -- you can skip the other stuff:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerome,

Since the time that you replied to my comment, I have not noticed any significant issues (I have not made any changes).

I will get the occassional crash here and there but a reloading will eventually work (I haven't been able to replicate crashes).

I am running Firefox 14 beta on Win 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 on a P4 3 Ghz and 1 GB or RAM.

My Firefox privacy settings are set to not store anything in the history folders and also to avoid website tracking requests.

My Flash storage settings are set to the 2nd option (Ask me before allowing new sites to store .....).  I used to have it set to the 3rd option but I had an issue with one website that wouldn't load account info after logging in using that setting.

Firefox has had issues in the last few releases with memory leaks and I suspect that there is an issue here again with the browser but none the less I think the Adobe issue has been minimal for me (I do not have an Real products installed).

For now I have installed the Flash update released today.

I will post again in a few days and let you know I've experienced any crashes what so ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2012 Jun 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far smooth sailing for me using the latest patch (no crashes to speak of).

Running 32-bit Win 7 Ultimate SP1 on a P4 3Ghz using 1GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome, sounds like a plan!  Very disappointed, was so used to firefox; using IE as a temporary measure now 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem since updating to Flash 11.3.300.257, I can't remember the last time FF crashed on me before this but I've had four or five crashes this morning since flash updated.

AMD Windows 7 x32 Firefox 13.0 Flash 11.3.300.257

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks google chrome with adobe flash player works like a charm , even

broswing is much more faster and i was able to aply it individual for me i

dont know why i didn't know it till now Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem,

it simply don't work.

wondows 7 mozila 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completed the troubleshooting steps that were referenced earlier in the thread? 

If so, please start a new discussion so that we can work with you to figure out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines