• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we apologize for any problems that you may be encountering with the latest version of Flash Player 11.3.  We've been working around the clock to resolve these issues and I'd like to update everyone with our current status.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Mac and Windows, all browsers) was released on July 26th, 2012 to address the following issues:

• Various general stability and rendering issues

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (Windows only, for all browsers except Chrome) was released on August 2nd, 2012 to address the crash that occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe on some systems.  No other changes were made.

We'd like to get your feedback.  Please let us know how this release works for you by responding to this thread or creating a new thread or bug report if a new problem is occurring.

Thank you.  I will update this post as additional information becomes available.

Updated 6/19/12 - Flash Runtime blog post: Update on Flash Player 11.3 and Mozilla Firefox Issues

Updated 6/20/12 - Added link to Flash Player update for Firefox stability issues

Updated 6/22/12 - Added link to the audio update post

Updated 6/28/12 - Added information on planned release

Updated 7/11/12 - Added information on the new Flash Player 11.3 update

Updated 7/26/12 - Added information on Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe workarounds

Updated 8/2/12 - Added release note for Flash Player 11.3.300.270 and the fix for FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 201 Replies 201
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Still getting skipping and stuttering audio with XP on firefox. Videos play fine in IE. Sick of changing to IE every time to watch a youtube video

I notice most of these 'solution' posts seem to be about flash crashing completely but when will there be a fix for the stuttering and jumping audio problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to install flash in Internet Explorer and flash would not work at all. I was getting total distortion and a yellow flshing across the screen and couldn't even see a thing.  So can't even use it there. So I installed Google Chrome and flash works great. I hope there is a solution soon in Firefox as its my favorite browser to use. Since all my installing and reinstalling flash I am now having problems with Facebook loading in Firefox. I have to try a few times before I can get it to come on. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but thats when my Facebook problem started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I registered for the forum just so I could reply here that the new version (.265) is not working for me in Firefox 13. The audio for YouTube videos now works fine (it used to stop after 10-30 seconds), but the video continues to be completely shot. I get mostly still frames that change every 5-10 seconds. On the "find what version of flash you have" page, the little animation at the top splits into vertical bars that are doing different parts of the animation at the same time. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest update (.265) did not alleviate any of the issues that I've had for the past couple of weeks. I'm still unable to use YouTube or any other flash heavy websites (IGN, GameTrailers, etc.). Trying to load any of those pages without disabling the plug-in will result in FireFox locking-up.

Just FYI, my PC uses:

Vista Home Premium

32-bit operating system

Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz.

I guess it's back to IE (blegh) until another 'fix' is rolled out.

Thanks for trying though. I know it'll be fixed eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Chrome and have had repeated "crashed flash"

I know only one version should be enabled.  But none of them work!

I am running Version 19.0.1084.56 of Chrome on a 10.6.8 Version Macbook Pro.

Aggravating!!

Thanks for any help.

Flash (3 files) - Version: 11.3.300.257 (Disabled)
Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

Version:11.3.300.257

Location:/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/Versions/19.0.1084.56/Google Chrome Framework.framework/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player Plugin for Chrome.plugin

Type:NPAPI

Enable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl

Description:Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202

Version:11.2.202.235

Location:/Users/crane/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NPAPIFlash/Flash Player Plugin for Chrome.plugin

Enable

MIME types:
.swf
.spl

Description:Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181

Version:10.3.181.26

Enable

MIME types:
.swf
.spl

Enable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the newest Adobe flash 11.2.300.265 update today and it did not work well at all. I tried to play a game on Pogo and it was totally distorted and it kept freezing. I had to again uninstall and go back to the 10.3 version. That is the only one that seems to work in Firefox. I will have to wait until an update that's proven to work with Firefox. I have uninstalled too many times the last few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ihad download the last update for FLASH PLAYER

But it still can't work on www.youtube.com

and this picture for the problem

13-07-2012 10-11-49 AM.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/f2c4b8ec5e5bbaaa7f0afcffcdfdd7cd48612ce84371d0a51df29223f6f89e3b6g.jpg

can any one help me ... !! ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe

Theres a problem with Logitech Sound devices, it will place a heavy bias on the right hand side with all flash instances, reboot, reinstall all tried both of chrome flash and logitech drivers.

Please address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug post already opened and a forum page with a temporary fix linked. Please upvote!

Bug  3287972

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1035958

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed last few versions/builds, none of them work for me, even 265 is crashing Mozilla Firefox (latest version) on my Win7 ultimate. I just opened youtube.com and browser freezes and i have push for close from the task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 11,3,300,265 on Opera and Windows 7 and it's not remotely fixed the severe stuttering and lack of sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It updated Flash to 11.3 in the background after I downgraded it for the reason I was getting sound distortion on YouTube. I was told it was my computer, my issue, but it soon became a bug.

Surely enough this latest version has the same distortion issue on my computer [Windows 7, Firefox, x86]

I have downgraded to 10.2 until I know for sure the new Flash is going to keep my Audio playing normally [It sounds like gain is turned up too much] using YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audio is force-played through all speakers on my 5.1 speaker setup after the latest .265 update. Reverting to an older flash player version fixes the problem so the newest update is what causes it.Basically even in the older flash videos on youtube, which certainly have no 5.1 audio, the sound comes from all five speakers even though it shouldn't. Also, the overall gain is quite a bit higher and the bass boomier when compared to the previous flash player version.

Specs: Win7 x64, X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty, Newest Chrome and IE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has written a digital signage application that runs in flash and includes a video player component that needs to run 24/7. The application ran fine on older versions of the player using Snow Leopard on the mac mini. Since the advent of Lion, flash video on the Mac mini is too unstable to be useable for this application. We have tested on a variety of browsers and the results are the same.

After a couple of weeks of testing we have isolated two separate (though possible related issues):

1. Using stageVideo/GPU acceleration on Lion, video will freeze after roughly 2-5 hours of play. If the video freezes midway in the movie, that main application thread will actually still be running (timer events fire, etc). However, if the video freezes at the end or if code is integrated to detect the freeze and move on to the next move, as soon as the netstream object is referenced in any way [via the dispose() method, for instance] the main application thread itself will die (silently with no errors thrown).

The video freezes seem to be correlated to the following errors being logged in /var/log/syslog

Jul 9 05:09:02 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[59422]: AVF error: Dithering:: pushPicturePrepareCmdOOLD, CVPixelBufferPoolCreatePixelBuffer

Jul 9 05:09:02 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[59422]: AVF error: OOLD cmd_info->args == NULL

Jul 9 05:09:02 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[59422]: AVF error: Gen6IntelGVAScheduleAVDCommands, OOLD err = 5

Jul 9 05:09:27 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[59422]: AVF error: faild to create pixel buffer

2. If stageVideo is disable and a traditional video object is used, the video loops will run much longer -- running for 20-40 hours before freezing. While the incidence of failure is less frequent, it is still not acceptable for a 24/7 application. Entries in /var/log/syslog also suggest issues with the interface to the AVFoundation [although this is just a correlation -- not necessarily a cause and effect]:

Jul 13 13:03:46 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[471]: AVF error: scheduleDecodeFrame codecBadDataErr nal_size err : acc_size = 156663, datasize = 156663, nal_count = 0...

Jul 13 13:03:46 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[471]: AVF error: scheduleDecodeFrame codecBadDataErr nal_size err : acc_size = 157520, datasize = 157520, nal_count = 0...

Jul 13 13:03:46 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[471]: AVF error: scheduleDecodeFrame codecBadDataErr nal_size err : acc_size = 163244, datasize = 163244, nal_count = 0...

Jul 13 13:03:46 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[471]: AVF error: AVC_RBSP::parseSliceHeader error

Jul 13 13:03:46 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[471]: AVF error: pushPicture parseSliceHeader

Jul 13 13:03:46 XpoLDS128_131 PluginProcess[471]: AVF warning: OutputQueueReadyCallback buffer == NULL

If anyone has had periodic video freezing on Mac OSX Lion, your issues could be related to mine. I opened up a bug case on the GPU issue a week ago, but it has yet to be picked up.

Please vote the issue up if you are having similar problems:  https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3278625

Thanks kindly!

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the 11.3.300.265 release has not solved my choppy audio problems in Firefox 13 with Windows XP. In fact the problem now appears to be somewhat worse because the audio gaps are longer. The details were reported in bug #3214996.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3214996

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay as I have been using flash player 11...I use google chrome an ie once in a while...still get the gittery and slowdown glitches in gaming...war commander is one I play most of....CPU usage is up and down...which make it gittery to play...if you have any suggestions it would be helpful, thank you for the resent reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if there are any updates planned soon? I am using Adobe 10.3 right now as the later versions didn't work for me. Is it okay for me to just stay with the 10.3 until all problems are fixed? Firefox just had an update to 14.0.1 and I am truly hoping that Adobe comes up with an update that will finally work with Firefox.

Another question can using Adobe 10.3 be the reason why I am having problems connecting to Facebook and the games. I can get in but it takes many tries before I can get it to load. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Update did not solve any of the problems of Flash Version 13.

I use Firefox 14 at the moment. But I had the same issues with Firefox 12 and 13. I definitely can say that the problems began since I have installed Flash Version 13.

Only a downgrade to Version 12 has solved the case.

My problems in particular are that whenever I try to maximize a video in a Flash-Player (e.g. Youtube, twitch.tv, own3d.tv) the plugin crashes. Further I have performance issues with these videos (low frame rate).

I have to use Opera instead where everything runs smoothly.

And its interesting to mention that I have only problems on my rather old desktop pc (AMD Athlon X2 4600+, 32 bit Windows 7). I am running another laptop (Intel Core 2 Duo T9300, 64 bit Windows 7) where I do not have any porblems in firefox at all.

I use exactly the same plugins in firefox on both, the desktop pc and the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have but only one question how do i downgrade back to adobe 10 cause atleast adobe 10 did what it was suppose to it worked now i cant get through a 15 minute tv show without it crashing every 2 minutes  so much for an update looks more like it just gave itself a mental retardation update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx broski

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4579493#4579493

Flash Player 11.4 Beta 1 - have not "CPU usage" problem !!!

try it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably hastened, the problem remains
version 9.0.280 does not have this problem exactly, later - have...

CPU usage 50% up to 70%
to play flash-games in this case is impossible

I tried on:
Pentium-4 2.6 GHz (problem exists);
netbook Intel Atom  n450 1.6 GHz (problem exists);
Intel Core i5-750 2.6 GHz (no problem, CPU usage 10-15%);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've released Flash Player 11.3.300.268 today.  This build addresses a number of stability and rendering issues when browsing Flash content.  Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did update my flash today and it still would not work in Firefox. I again had to uninstall and reinstall flash 10.3. I tried games and they either wouldn't work at all or would only load half way. Is it okay for me to just keep the 10.3 which works great. Should I have uninstalled the 10.3 before installing the new update? I just installed the update without removing my current flash. I'm getting all confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines