• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we apologize for any problems that you may be encountering with the latest version of Flash Player 11.3.  We've been working around the clock to resolve these issues and I'd like to update everyone with our current status.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Mac and Windows, all browsers) was released on July 26th, 2012 to address the following issues:

• Various general stability and rendering issues

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (Windows only, for all browsers except Chrome) was released on August 2nd, 2012 to address the crash that occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe on some systems.  No other changes were made.

We'd like to get your feedback.  Please let us know how this release works for you by responding to this thread or creating a new thread or bug report if a new problem is occurring.

Thank you.  I will update this post as additional information becomes available.

Updated 6/19/12 - Flash Runtime blog post: Update on Flash Player 11.3 and Mozilla Firefox Issues

Updated 6/20/12 - Added link to Flash Player update for Firefox stability issues

Updated 6/22/12 - Added link to the audio update post

Updated 6/28/12 - Added information on planned release

Updated 7/11/12 - Added information on the new Flash Player 11.3 update

Updated 7/26/12 - Added information on Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe workarounds

Updated 8/2/12 - Added release note for Flash Player 11.3.300.270 and the fix for FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 201 Replies 201
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SInce the original 11.3 release, all of my templated ads (AS 3.0) that dynamically load data (logos, URLs, etc.) VIA an XML file are displaying a white blank space (similar to the #43 reply) instead of the loaded images when viewed in Internet Explorer 9. Release .268 and .270 did not fix this issue. Please advise on a resolution... this issue is impacting live running campaigns and is negativly effecting my business and my clients'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me nuts.

I had been having BIG problems in YouTube and MOG (but not with Netflix -- which, of course, uses the [I never thought I'd say it but here I am] superior Silverlight plugin).

Finally, a message popped up in MOG suggesting the rollback to 10.3.

I painstakingly followed all Adobe's instructions for removing Flash (btw, there are a couple mistakes on that page: they mix sys32 and sys64 instructions as though you should do both AND one of the local paths they suggest users cut and paste uses Window\ for Windows\ [missing s breaks it of course])...

But the uninistaller apparently does not remove Flash for Chrome!?!?

So after following Adobe instructions and reinstalling for IE and "all other" Win browsers, I end up with FF and IE running Flash 10.3 as desired (and working) but Chrome is STILL flying 11.3!!!! WTH?

Also, on an unrelated but annoying note -- this edit window is buggy as heck using Firefox. The cursor jumps around unexpectdly, particularly when backspacing.

UPDATE: Oh. I GET IT...

Turns out the the latest Flash player -- BUGS AND ALL -- is integrated with Chrome and so the rollback doesn't fix the media stutter issues at all -- and, additionally, breaks Chrome on a HUGE number of websites.

First, YOU GUYS should make it clear that "All other Windows browsers" (but IE) does not include Chrome -- THAT would save an enormous amount of grief!

Second, Google/Chrome need to disengage that integration, since we can't count on Adobe to provide a working Flash player and it's essentially crippling Chrome. That, happily for you, is their problem.

PS... Really this edit window is a DISGRACE as the cursor bug makes writing a real pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theblue1 wrote:

...there are a couple mistakes on that page: they mix sys32 and sys64 instructions as though you should do both AND one of the local paths they suggest users cut and paste uses Window\ for Windows\ [missing s breaks it of course])...

Thank you; I have corrected that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Thanks Pat Willener!

😃

Er,,, I mean great about correcting the error.We'll just have to see how the further bundling goes.(I only use IE for testing, anyhow.)

I do wish I'd been aware that Flash was integrated with Chrome. It would have saved me a lot of installing and uninstalling. You guys might want to make a note that the rollback insructions should say "all non-IE browsers except Chrome" for the non-IE install. Or something.

Anyhow, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion; thank you.  I will let someone else handle this, as I have never used Chrome.  (Also there are ways to uninstall Flash Player from Chrome, but I don't know how either.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is actually a way to change the version of Flash used in Chrome so I'll make note of that in the FAQ.  Thank you for bringing this up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Thanks for your efforts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theblue1 wrote:

Google/Chrome need to disengage that integration, since we can't count on Adobe to provide a working Flash player and it's essentially crippling Chrome.

Just F. Y. I., the next version of Internet Explorer, IE10, will also come with Flash Player bundled.  I don't know if this is a trend that will extend to other browsers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.3.300.271 is purely a security release.  Full details can be found here: 8/14/2012 - Flash Player Security Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I suppose that 11.3.300.271 will still have sound problems, especially the choppy and skipping sounds here.  The Flash Player 10.3 that I have in Internet Explorer has all the security patches and is working fine without any sound issues, so I'm not even bothering trying to upgrade, as it will STILL have sound issues again.  Thanks for the warning, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried 11.3.300.271 here. Still has the video stopping problem that the other 11.3.300.x versions had with WinXP SP3. So I guess we stick with 10.3.183.20 until 11.4 is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stcain wrote:

Just tried 11.3.300.271 here. Still has the video stopping problem that the other 11.3.300.x versions had with WinXP SP3. So I guess we stick with 10.3.183.20 until 11.4 is released.

Actually, Windows XP SP3 does NOT have 10.3.183.20 as the "latest release".  Believe me, I downloaded the 10.3.183.20 archive file, and it does NOT have the installer for 10.3.183.20.  The latest version for 10.3 for Windows XP SP3 is STILL 10.3.183.10, which I have.  Just wanted to clarify for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

angeldeb82 wrote:

stcain wrote:

Actually, Windows XP SP3 does NOT have 10.3.183.20 as the "latest release".  Believe me, I downloaded the 10.3.183.20 archive file, and it does NOT have the installer for 10.3.183.20.  The latest version for 10.3 for Windows XP SP3 is STILL 10.3.183.10, which I have.  Just wanted to clarify for you.

I have a Adobe software distribution license for Flash, AIR, Reader and Shockwave. I downloaded Flash 10.3.183.20 ActiveX and plugin versions for Windows from the link provided. Then deployed them to 750 Windows XP SP3 machines using SCCM2007 and they are working fine. Says 10.3.183.20 in Add/Remove programs and all the Flash files in the Macromed directory are version stamped 10.3.183.20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stcain wrote:

angeldeb82 wrote:

stcain wrote:

I have a Adobe software distribution license for Flash, AIR, Reader and Shockwave. I downloaded Flash 10.3.183.20 ActiveX and plugin versions for Windows from the link provided. Then deployed them to 750 Windows XP SP3 machines using SCCM2007 and they are working fine. Says 10.3.183.20 in Add/Remove programs and all the Flash files in the Macromed directory are version stamped 10.3.183.20.

Thank you.  Your advice worked!  I followed the instruction and downloaded 10.3.183.20 from the link shown here.  Once again, thank you.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried again on 11.3.300.271 and on Windows 2008 SP2 x64 still no sound on Citrix session. So back to 10.3.183.20 until this is resolved.

Lukas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris - I've read through all the posts here and finally downgraded to version 10.2 and that seems to have fixed our issues. However, this is a serious problem for our users because we have no control over what version they are running. If they have 11.3 their content will just crash. I don't know if this is helpful, but in our case the crashes seem to occur when there are multiple instances of Flash running in a browser window - perhaps when a video plays in a popup window on top of Flash content. Here is an example that crashes with 11.3 and works fine with 10.2: http://samples.mapsalive.com/20060/page1.htm. Mouse over the SE Asia hotspot, try the blue dots on the second map, then try to select one of the squares on the world map again. This has always worked fine until 11.3. Anyway, good luck with the upcoming release and we'll hope for a fix in 11.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2012 Aug 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2 cents.

Running latest Chrome on latest Mountain Lion.

Flash (2 files) - Version: 11.3.300.271

Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300

Flash problems are worse than in previous version.

Symptoms:

Hanging / stuttering video / audio.

Sites that use flash for GUI become unresponsive.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 Final is out.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Release notes will be here (later):

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/releasenotes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed 11.4.402.265 and it seems to have fixed the issue of the browser (FF 14.0.1 anyway) loosing focus when going to a page with Flash the first time (I do have Protected Mode turned on and do see the processes running). Progress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted, Flash Player 11.4.402.265 is now out and along with the new features, it contains bug and stability fixes for all browsers!

8/21/2012 - Flash Player 11.4 Release Announcement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I JUST now, minutes ago, updated Chrome but it installed 11.3.31.230 -- and I can tell you THAT is still broken running in Chrome in XP on my system.

No offense, but I have NO plans of updating from 10.3 in my other browers. I've had to kiss Chrome goodbye as a browser -- with the sole exception of using it for Netflix, since NF doesn't use Flash at all, using Silverlight instead. (And, btw, I don't know the comparison details but my video images on NF are a heck of a lot better than they are, say, on Hulu, which does use Flash. Of course, that's using Firefox and Flash 10.3 to view Hulu, since Chrome crashes or behaves erratically wherever there's Flash content on a page, rendering it unusable on 98% of the web, seems like.)

BTW... the editor for your comment threads still behaves hinkily, with the cursor jumping up to previous lines for no apparent reason. You should do something about that so that it doesn't further enrage the people attempting to user your products. -- and held hostage by a commercial web that is addicted to Flash ads.    

Did I say, grrr, yet?

I'll be waiting for Chrome to catch up with Flash 11.4 in the wan hope that maybe it really will 'fix everything'...

Man is born to dream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you noted, Chrome has a different version than what we have released.  That's because Google has implemented Flash in using their PPAPI sandboxing technology, and it's a slightly different version (with sometimes different issues.)  However, you can fall back to the system's version of Flash Player (NPAPI version) using the instructions on the page below.  With these instructions, you can run 11.4 or 10.3 within Chrome.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, Chris! Thanks for your help. I was actually on my way back to just nuke my post, anyhow, because it really didn't add anything constructive. I just wasn't in a web industry lovin' mood because I'd spent several unbillable hours looking at the same standards compliant code run in four current, standards compliant browsers and return different results in all four cases -- not by much, a few pixels this way -- a few pixels that way but... agh. Sorry, venting again. At least those are someone else's lookout, eh? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris... happy to report that running Flash Player 11.4.402.265 on Firefox 14.0.1 seems to have solved all the performance problems seen in 11.3 which had forced me to go back to 10.3 for the past number of weeks. Even my wife playing the Bejeweled Blitz game on Facebook reports no slowness or hesitation in the game animation! It took awhile, but it seems everyone there got us to where they wanted us to be a couple of months ago. Thanks to you and your team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines