• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we apologize for any problems that you may be encountering with the latest version of Flash Player 11.3.  We've been working around the clock to resolve these issues and I'd like to update everyone with our current status.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Mac and Windows, all browsers) was released on July 26th, 2012 to address the following issues:

• Various general stability and rendering issues

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (Windows only, for all browsers except Chrome) was released on August 2nd, 2012 to address the crash that occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe on some systems.  No other changes were made.

We'd like to get your feedback.  Please let us know how this release works for you by responding to this thread or creating a new thread or bug report if a new problem is occurring.

Thank you.  I will update this post as additional information becomes available.

Updated 6/19/12 - Flash Runtime blog post: Update on Flash Player 11.3 and Mozilla Firefox Issues

Updated 6/20/12 - Added link to Flash Player update for Firefox stability issues

Updated 6/22/12 - Added link to the audio update post

Updated 6/28/12 - Added information on planned release

Updated 7/11/12 - Added information on the new Flash Player 11.3 update

Updated 7/26/12 - Added information on Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe workarounds

Updated 8/2/12 - Added release note for Flash Player 11.3.300.270 and the fix for FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 201 Replies 201
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its running slow and choppy for me so back to 10.3 I tried Pogo game Word Whomp and wouldn't play at all. The Facebook games are running slower for me but they did play finally with this version. Should I uninstall everything completely and retry to install this new version first or just go back to 10.3? Please any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I installed the new Flash Player 11.4 version, I used the Adobe Flash uninstall tool to get rid of 10.3, rebooted, and then installed 11.4. I can only speak for Facebook game Bejeweled Blitz and it seems to run with no problems on Firefox 14.0.1 which ws not the case when I was using Flash Player 11.3. Yes, it might be worth the few minutes to do a complete uninstall, reboot, and then install 11.4 in case some remnants of the older version are still hanging around. Mind you, if 11.4 proves not to be without fault as time goes on, I have kept the install files for 10.3 handy in my download files just in case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is odd. After updating to 11.4 yesterday for firefox, all the problems I was having with not getting audio in flash based videos (Youtube) stopped and soynd was playing perfectly. Now as of today, I'm getting buffer issues and no audio again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off the top, thanks for your efforts, here, Chris!

Sad to report that v. 11.3.31.232 for Chrome [latest build, updated a few hours ago]  is still producing video stutter in full screen of YouTube videos.

Also, I tried just the audio side, using MOG in Chrome but events in other *Firefox* windows (exotic stuff like scrolling) where Flash was present made the Audio stutter.

So, two strikes, still.

Still running 10.3 in Firefox and other browsers where I could roll back to it, without problems, thank goodness.

As I'm sure you're painfully aware -- when Flash is broken as it is in current versions for many folks, it breaks most of the web.

Since I've  shifted my media viewing/listening over to Firefox and the old, stable and working version of Flash, I'll just keep updating Chrome and hope for an eventual fix.

BTW, I know I mentioned it before and it's off-topic for this thread, but, dang, this post editor is SO buggy in terms of cursor movements [even using Flash 10.3], it becomes frustrating when you're trying to explain your situation/problem. (I made a point of being relaxed when I came here today. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris - Installed version 11.4.402.265 and it appears to have resolved the issue noted in post #155. Thank you and we'll keep you posted if we encounter other problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using google chrome and have update .....270 and still have no sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding sound choppy when using my chrome browser 21.0.1180.75 m

I followed one of the solutions of disabling more than one entry under Flash in the plugins area of Chrome but that didn't help. I don't have the problem in Firefox. So is there any other solutions currently? Is it a Chrome issue or Adobe Flash? Thanks...Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doug, what version of Flash Player is reported installed?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris... it says under chrome://plugins/

Version: 11.3.31.225 Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31

I went to the link you provided and it showed an update but when I attempted to download it it says :Your Google Chrome browser already includes Adobe Flash player built-in. Google chrome will automatically update when new versions fo Flash Player are available. Not sure what to do now.. Whats your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dougaji - Can you verify that Chrome is version 21.0.1180.83 m through Chrome's About box?  If it's not, please let it update and install the latest version.  Once done, you should be at Flash Player 11.3.31.230.

@janiceK_100 - great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris Campbell,

I have been monitoring this thread on Adobe Flash Player for 6 or 7 weeks now, ever since I tried - unsuccesfully - to downgade to an older 10.something version of Adobe Flash Player in an attempt to fix all the myriad of audio and video problems caused by the 11.xxx release versions. I did this at the suggestion of MOG's tech staff, who suggested the downgrade until Adobe released a fix for the problems. I will not get into all the problems, or specifics of what versions of Windows/Chrome etc I was running when experiencing these problems. There have been so many auto-updates of all my software I couldn't begin to tell you all that minutia. Suffice to say that there are 5 pages of users explanation of whats wrong, so I don't need to repeat it. I've experienced all nearly of these audi/video problems people have reported in this forum. My question is this: Why has Adobe not been forthright with the internet community about these problems, and why have they taken nearly three months to fix the problems with no end in sight as far as I can tell? I do not plan to do any of the wild computer gyrations I have seen you and Adobe suggest that people do - there is WAY too much inherent risk of mucking things up when you tell inexperienced users like me to start tinkering with settings, register changes, upgrading/downgrading this, that, and the other whatchathingy etc etc...this is just inviting trouble IMHO. No, I will wait until I see plenty of user community dialogue in this thread that indicates you guys at Adobe have REALLY fixed ALL the bugs before I do anything like update to a later version of ANY Adobe software. And will Adobe have the guts to do a major press release if and when they ever do fix all the problems they have caused the internet public? It;s the least you people can do after all the heartache and frustration you have caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very frustrating, without question.

It appears that only some users are experincing these problems -- there are a lot of us HERE of course, and we proably represent many more who just won't bother or who have given up -- or who have done the Joe Sixpack-goes-to-Best Buy/Apple Store routine of not being able to fix some small thing on one's computer and buying  a whole new system to fix one, isolated problem.

It's especially vexing to those who, like me, were once Flash developers who had used Macromedia Flash and its authoring tool (Flash Pro) for years without significant problems before the Adobe acquisition of Macromedia.

(That purchase also, unfortunately, delivered the Dreamweaver web dev platform into Adobe's hands as well.)

I was never in LOVE with Macromedia, but their software worked and it worked across systems, unlike  increasingly frustrating experiences with Flash now that it's under Adobe's stewardship.

I feel sorry for the Adobe folks, like the long-suffering Chris, who are tasked with being a backstop for all the people for whom Flash no longer works and who can't, even after following all of Adobe's often convoluted instructions carefully,  use it without the ordeal of rolling back to the previous ordinal version from 2011.

(And don't even start me on the mess that Flash has made of Chrome, which foolishly chose to automatically integrate Flash updates. It used to be my go-to media browser. Now I can only use if for Netflix -- which, fortuitously, eschews Flash and uses the once-derided but now quite smart-looking MS Silverlight presentation system.)

Also, though I've mentioned it before, this editor is REALLY AWFUL and buggy -- with the cursor jumping around erratically when you try to move it.

I note that Adobe -- quite oddly from my perspective -- chose to use a comment system from the manifestly incompetent Jive Software. I have no idea why a company that probably THINKS of itself as smart would use a system with such a poor track record.

Have you guys ever considered going to Open Source?

I almost never have ANY of this kind of nonsense using Open Source software. But here you are paying big bucks to Jive for a system that doesn't simply doesn't work properly.

How do you, Adobe, stay in business, anyway? Seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player 11.3.31.230 on google chrome: audio stream issues

Hi,

Just to let you know that i get an audio stream bug on google chrome with the latests 11.3.31.230 realease.

the received streamed audio in visio chat (i use Adobe LCCS to stream and receive it) is messy (echos etc).

When i disable this latests release, it works fine again.

with 11,3,300,271 realease

Funny thing is that:

if i receive the audio stream and get the bug on my website.

and if at the same time i open a new tab with youtube

the bug is fixed for my website, even if i close the youtube tab after that.

but whenever i try to close and reopen the audio stream again, the bug comes back.

I don't believe its a bug associated to my specific configuraiton, but its for every one.

i get the bug on other computers too.

Thanks

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Chris!    I have spent all afternoon reading through various Flash Help locations, and have ended up here after learning a lot, testing my versions, etc., etc., etc.  I have a brand new Dell XPS L502X, with 8GB of memory, and a lot of Ram, which I will tell you if you tell me how to figure it out!!!  I am having a problem with Shockwave crashing continuously during certian activities, one of which is NOT YouTube!  It works like a charm, which is strange to me, a person who knows absolutely nothing about computers, but this happens contstantly on Facebook, where I play in Zoo World all the time.  I am going to paste here some of the data that I gathered from reading FAQ's, Testing, etc.:  Well, apparently, I cannot paste something I have copied here, so I'll type it out:   Flash Version:  11.3.31.232.  Now, on this page, it advises me to update the version, but elsewhere, it states that this is the proper version to use with Chrome, so that is my first question!  I know that Chrome is supposed to automatically update without me worrying about it, but when does it get around to me?  If the newer version is appropriate for Chrome, I would prefer going ahead and installing it.  It also says that my OS is Windows 7 (32-bit), but I actually do have the (64-bit) version.  Now, I realize that I do not come close to being a developer, but to further confuse me, further down, under the "Developer Information," it states that I have the version stated above, but no "debug player," and audio, video are capable, and that Local File I/O is enabled.  I can't believe that I can't copy and paste here (probably due to my lack of knowledge), so I have just save the information on my Chrome version, and am now going to attempt to download it here:     

Google Chrome     21.0.1180.89 (Official Build 154005) m OS      Windows WebKit     537.1 (@126646) JavaScript     V8 3.11.10.20 Flash     11.3.31.232 User Agent     Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1 Command Line     "C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"  --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --restore-last-session --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end Executable Path     C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe Profile Path      C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default   

Well, I figured out how to paste:  (was not in HTML mode!)  In any case, I have one more bit of information for you, which involves Plug-ins.  There are three Plug-ins installed under "Flash,"  all of which are labeled Shockwave, and none of which are disabled.  They are:   

Flash (3 files) - Version: 11.3.31.232 Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31 

Name:     Shockwave Flash 

Description:     Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31 

Version:     11.3.31.232 

Location:     C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.89\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll  Type:     PPAPI (out-of-process)     

Disable

MIME types:       MIME type     Description     File extensions application/x-shockwave-flash      Shockwave Flash      .swf application/futuresplash     FutureSplash Player      .spl    

Description:     Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402 

Version:     11,4,402,265 

Location:     C:\Users\Robin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.89\gcswf32.dll  Type:     NPAPI      

Disable

MIME types:           MIME type Description     File extensions application/x-shockwave-flash      Adobe Flash movie      .swf application/futuresplash     FutureSplash movie      .spl    

Description:     Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402 

Version:     11,4,402,265 

Location:     C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll  Type:     NPAPI       

Disable

MIME types:            MIME type Description     File extensions application/x-shockwave-flash      Adobe Flash movie      .swf application/futuresplash     FutureSplash movie      .spl   

This is very confusing to me, since the purpose appears to be the same for all three, and my little inquiring mind wonders if this is what is causing Shockwave to crash continuously.    In one of the pages I read, it asked me to go into chrome and enable them to:  Automatically send usage statistics and crash reports to Google, which I have done, but don't really feel comfortable with!  

Please let me know, if you can, whether or not my Flash Player should be updated; whether I should disable any of the Plug-ins, and if you have any other advice, I sure could use it, as this has been an ongoing problem for a VERY long time.  I apologize for this being so long, and appreciate the helpfulness you have shown towards others in this forum!   

Thanks, Robin

Message was edited by: repatrick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick little side note repatrick, memory=RAM. you have 8gb of memory or in other words you have 8gb of RAM

For the rest keep it up good work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, my...Thank you very much!!! Like I said, I really don't have any

technical knowledge of computers, but I really should have gotten that

right!!! What is the other one that I'm thinking of, that people usually

mention at the same time? Please don't worry if you don't have time to

answer...I'm just always eager to learn!! I really appreciate this.

Blessings, Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you for the heads up!!  I'll take any help I can get!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alot of us are having this issue , i have a older pc, windows xp , and i have google crome and everytime i go to facebook to play bingo blitz and chefville i get message shockwave flash plugin unresponsive , i have done everything they suggested as well as disableing cromes version of plugin, and updateing adobe , still having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess if you don't feel like it, Chris, you just don't respond to people's pleas for help?  I tried to be as informative as I could, and I see you interacting with others and giving suggestions.  I'm just wondering what the deal is here.

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin,

Sorry I hadn't responded yet.  Given the length of this thread (5 pages now!) I'd recommend anyone with issues create a new topic so that their details aren't lost.

As for your Chrome crashing problem, this might be caused by the PPAPI plugin that Google has recently started using (which you've noted as 11.3.31.232).  Flash Player is built into Chrome, and Google maintains and fixes issues related to it.  These releases are silent, as you've noted.  The only way I've been able to force an update (if available) is to go to the About Google Chrome menu item.

To investigate further, please go to "about:flash" in Chrome's address bar.  Can you copy and paste the contents of this page to a forum reply or send them to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com?  I can have our team look at the crash id's and see if Google is aware of them. 

To try and work around the problem, we can try using the system version of Flash Player (described as 11.4.402.265 in one of your previous posts) by using the steps described here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris,

Well, after struggling for three full months to abide the performance problems and undesirable impact Flash Player has had on the overall enjoyment I used to get from my computer experience, you folks at Adobe have finally succedded in forcing me to abandon Google Chrome as my browser of choice. Since Adobe has made NO PROGRESS at all from what I can tell, with respect to Flash Player versions 11.xxx  compatibility with Chrome, I was forced to migrate to another browser in order for me to be able to listen to my music streaming service while actively using my computer. I am now using Mozilla Firefox as my native by default , but often still have to still use Chrome as well for certain purposes, which means a lot of memory usage when I have to have both browser sessions running concurrently, so this is not a viable longterm solution. I'm suprised you folks at Adobe have not heard from Google's corporate attorney's yet, since what you have effectively accomplished is forcing people like me (Google Chrome users who refuse to go do all the " tinkering around solutions" you guys have proferred over the last three months) to abandon use of Google's flagship application.

Nice Job, Adobe...keep up the good work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH, and you don't need to woryy about me lurking around as a disgruntled user....I'm along with Google Chrome, I'm abandoning my attempts to seek a solution to the ppoblem on this forum.

So adios muchahchos  !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarkSpann (and anyone else that uses Flash Player with Chrome) - Google is currently maintaining and fixing issues with Flash Player on Chrome.  I'm sure they'd like to know the issues you've run into if you're up for telling them.  Please see this FAQ for details.

How do I report a bug against Flash Player for Google Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

To quote Chalres Bronson character in Once upon a Time in the West  "You know, Chris, I kinda mad at you!" . But seriously, pushing this off on Google and their app users is really lame, Chris. Comeon, they didn't cause it, and they can't fix it. End Game. Ball's in Adobe's court. And, it stays there until y'all fix it.

- Mark Spann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read what people answers to you, and get informations about what you are complaining.

Google has started the peper based flash player project, and so THEY are responsible about bugs and fixes specific of this version on their browser.

So start complaining about Google if you want to complain to someone, at least for this very issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines