• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 8/2/12

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, we apologize for any problems that you may be encountering with the latest version of Flash Player 11.3.  We've been working around the clock to resolve these issues and I'd like to update everyone with our current status.

Flash Player 11.3.300.268 (Mac and Windows, all browsers) was released on July 26th, 2012 to address the following issues:

• Various general stability and rendering issues

Flash Player 11.3.300.270 (Windows only, for all browsers except Chrome) was released on August 2nd, 2012 to address the crash that occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe on some systems.  No other changes were made.

We'd like to get your feedback.  Please let us know how this release works for you by responding to this thread or creating a new thread or bug report if a new problem is occurring.

Thank you.  I will update this post as additional information becomes available.

Updated 6/19/12 - Flash Runtime blog post: Update on Flash Player 11.3 and Mozilla Firefox Issues

Updated 6/20/12 - Added link to Flash Player update for Firefox stability issues

Updated 6/22/12 - Added link to the audio update post

Updated 6/28/12 - Added information on planned release

Updated 7/11/12 - Added information on the new Flash Player 11.3 update

Updated 7/26/12 - Added information on Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe workarounds

Updated 8/2/12 - Added release note for Flash Player 11.3.300.270 and the fix for FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 201 Replies 201
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enterprise download page still have only *.268 🙂 for MSI usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted, we've release 11.3.300.270 today.  We're working on getting all the links/pages updated, so expect the msi's shortly .  Here's the announcement post that I hope clarifies the change that was made (just a single fix for the windows crashes that were occuring in FlashPlayerUpadteService.exe)

8/2/2012 - Flash Player 11.3 Update

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should flash work again in protected mode after the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the update re-enable protective mode if we have disabled it?  Will we need to modify that file again, or will protective mode remain disabled throughout all updates until we manually delete the extra line from the file?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP SP3 on hundreds of HP desktops. Experiencing repeatedly reproducible video stoppages in IE8 and FF13 using 11.3.300.257. Upgraded to 11.3.300.270 and problem continues in both browsers. Upgraded to FF14.0.1 with no improvement. Downgraded to 11.2.202.235 and problem disappeared. So definitely something broken in the 11.3 releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to wait from Chrome to update again.  They just updated yesterday with the 11.3.31.222 version.  *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mr. 53lfd357ruc7 - Fixes were made for Protected Mode in Flash Player 11.3.300.268.  11.3.300.270 addresses another bug.  If you haven't given 268 a try, please do so and let us know how it works for you.

@ajp1228 - no, our updates or new installs will not re-enable protected mode.  You'll need to edit your mms.cfg to do that.

@beautiful_disaster311 - Chrome is now using a pepper build of Flash Player.  You've got the latest version (270 would make no difference for you.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's version 268 working? Well... when my wife mentioned how sluggish and hesitant the Facefook game Bejeweled Blitz was acting so it became unplayable, I upgraded to Flash Player 11.3.300.268 and this seemed to solve everything using Firefox 14. Unfortunately after playing the game a couple of times, it again became sluggish like before unless I constantly cleared the cache, As a result, I uninstalled Flash Player and re-installed version 10.3.183.20 so everything worked smoothly once again with no need to constantly empty the cache. After the past few weeks, I just keep the Flash Player uninstaller and the installer for version 10.3.183.20 in my download folder for quick access as I seem to have to use it fairly frequently. Good luck getting an updated version that solves everything for everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

William220, do you not have to manually remove some files to completely uninstall the 11.3 versions before you reinstall the 10.3 one?  I thought that's what the instructions said, and it seems like a big hassle.  I've been very happy since I modified the file - by adding a single line - and disabled protected mode.  Per Chris' comment above, it should stay this way after the updates and I should not have to keep re-doing it.  Bejeweled Blitz works great for me now!  Or, I guess you could just change your update settings and not allow them to install automatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 11.3.300.270 release is still useless 🙂 The bug ID  ID3300735 and ID3212648 are still valid.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3212648

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3300735

Still you can play Flash but nobody hear any sound. So I will keep it on 10.3.183.20!

LUkas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ajp1228... I have been using the Adobe Flash uninstall tool to uninstall the various versions of Flash Player 11.3 that seem to be the cause of all the past few weeks problems. I then reboot and then install version 10.3.183.20 one more time which shows no negative effects on sites using Flash. I've assumed, rightly or wrongly, that the removal tool was all that was needed without manually removing any files. The feeling on various sites seemed to indicate that 10.3 was more secure than an edited version of 11.3 with protected mode disabled. Can anyone confirm this is the case or have I not been understanding the purpose of going back to version 10.3.183.20? I had at one time edited an early11.3 version to disable the protected mode but now find it more straight forward and faster to just uninstall the versions of 11.3 that don't seem to be doing the job and reinstalling 10.3 since I keep both the uninstaller tool and the install for 10.3 in my download folder for quick access. As for automatic updates, I have always disabled that feature on most software so I am only notified... this gives me the chance to look on the internet for any problems "new and improved" versions might be causing before even trying to update. I think the only time I do use automatic updating is for my Kaspersky IS12 as otherwise I want the chance to find out any adverse effects of updates before implementing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still have problems with Firefox and we're working to resolve these.  The 11.3.300.270 release did not attempt to address these bugs.  We will be doing another 11.4 beta release next week (beta 2) on labs.adobe.com.  If you're willing to give this a try, you can get an early release of it by installing beta 1 and leaving auto updates turned on.  We'll be distributing beta 2 via the auto update service this weekend for users running beta 1.  We'd definitely like to get your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this update my audio and video do not play correctly on Chrome. This happened to me last month but I managed to fix it by disabling then renabling flash in the browser (don't know why it was such an easy fix) but it's not working this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is frustrating.  I uninstall, reinstall, then it crashes.  I go again to look into the problem and Flash Player doesn't show as a listed program, but then I get a note it's installed and running.  It isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing crashes then suddenly it stopped.  I'm not sure what update flash player was at when the crashing stopped.  Everything was working properly until flash player was updated to 11.3.300.268/270.  Some videos won't play requesting flash player to be installed when it's already installed.  This is occuring on Firefox, IE & Chrome.  So I used the uninstaller, installed 10.3.183.20 but it's the same as 268/270.  Is it safe to install 11.3.300.265?  If 265 doesn't work as well, should I revert back to 10.3.183.20? 

OS Win 7 64-bit

Firefox 14

IE9

Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having heavy audio chop/studdering on Chrome 21.0.1180.60 on Windows 7 with Flash 11.3.31.222

I have downgraded to 10.3 and that has aleviated all problems, I will stick with this version until 11.X is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing crashes now with 10.3.183.20.  Crash report sent in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remember that Chrome uses it's own version of Flash Player (unless you've overridden this in about:plugins).  There was a Chrome update with a new version of Flash that uses the "pepper" API that coincidentally occured around the same time as Flash Player 11.3.300.270.  I've seen bugs regarding audio, video, and multiscreen issues mentioned.  For all Chrome issues (or to report new ones), please see this link: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Win 7, 64-bit and using IE9 & Firefox 14.  Installed 11.4 beta 2 but continue to have the same issue when using 10.3 & 11.3, release .268.  Can't play a video it's either a black screen or it says I need to update my flash player when it's already installed.  This is happening in IE & Firefox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it is a Google/Chrome issue that Flash is bundled and automatically updates in unison or not with Chrome ver.s, but can't we somehow pass on unwanted updates!?

It just keeps on coming for better or for worse!

I just settled in on 11.3.31.222 version, but then yesterday things were crashing and pages were very hard to even close, and sure enough - only 2 weeks- 11.3.31.222 had disappeared, and Flash Version: 11.3.31.227 was newly enabled.

Since i can't get back to 222, i'm patiently working with this new plugin to settle.  It's much better today, although, I don't know if it's just me, but the sound on YT was much better previously.  I really don't like this musical chairs with the plugins...

Also, may i ask what are 'pepper build' Flash, not that it matters, just curious.

It can't be found as old ver. downloads. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2012 Aug 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zumm.x.2 - You'll want to bring this request up with Google. http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

For more information on Pepper, please see this blog post: http://blog.chromium.org/2012/08/the-road-to-safer-more-stable-and.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, thank you so much for the links and your help; I'm sorry to have

troubled you,  I can see my other question answered in your post #121

regarding chrome's own flash version platform that is pepper plugin API.

I will try making good use of the first link you've provided, much appreciated!

Edit: previous post i meant 11.3.31.225, and it was changed about in a weeks

time to 11.3.31.227 right now, but it also has the proper 11,3,300,271 as a choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so I'm looking for some help....

All of a sudden videos posted in Facebook won't play for me- and I think it has something to do with Adobe Flash.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled but with no luck.  The version of Flash I have is 11.3.300.271- which is says is the most up to date.....

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SoboSR - Please create a new thread with your issue and include your operating system, browser and a brief description of the problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the updated new release flash player and it still crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines