• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.7 Sound Playback Bug

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've received reports that sound is cutting off from both video and audio content with some Flash content using Flash Player 11.7.700.169 (and 11.7.700.179).  I apologize to those effected by this bug.  We've been able to reproduce the issue internally and are currently investigating the cause and possible fixes and workarounds.  If you haven't already, please take a minute and let us know how this issue impacts you by leaving a short comment (or vote) on this bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3539635

Your feedback is important to us and we will continue to update the bug report as new information becomes available.

For those looking for an immediate fix, you can either update to our latest beta (4/30/2013 - Flash Player 11.7.700.197 Beta) or you can downgrading Flash Player to our latest 10.3 release.  The latest 10.3.183.75 build contains all of the recent security updates and should provide a stable platform for both audio and video.  Please see these two faqs for details.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

In addition, Google Chrome users will need to switch to the system version of Flash Player (NPAPI version) after installing the 10.3 release:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-goog le-chrome.html

The next official update, currently scheduled for release in mid May, will resolve this bug.

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To verify, if you click the HTML5 video link and then right click on the video, does the menu display About HTML5 at the bottom?  If so, then I would agree with you that you might be running into a Firefox issue.  You might want to try resetting your profile to see if that helps.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some investigation, and discovering that other video sites were running fine, I discovered that my Youtube cookies were corrupted, so I cleaned and refreshed them and everything works fine now, Thanks, anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind that, it's acting up again. I'll try resetting Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, even after resetting it, I'm still getting the issue with both Flash and HTML5. Checked in IE10 and I get the same issue. No problems in Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and it does say About HTML5 on the bottom, just to let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this thread is rather dated, but I've been having this problem for a long time. I'm running 11.9.900.152, after a clean install and deletion of files per Adobe practice. Doesn't happen in IE for me, maybe because I don't use IE long or wide enough to get it to happen. But it happens in FF all the time. I usually have to go in and kill either the plug-in container or the flash process and then reload.

Interestlng that while my sound is currently gone, the HTML5 video above worked fine with sound.

What does all of this mean? How can I get around this problem once and for all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue as you hokie. I just keep going back to 10.3, which is flawless. I know that it is not as secure as the newer stuff, but each time I get a message saying that there is a new version of flash, I uninstall 10.3 and install the new one. When the new one continues to freeze things up, I uninstall it and go back to 10.3. Like you, the HTML5 video worked fine, too. I reported this to Mozilla when it started, but they have no solution. I've kept up to date with the FF updates, but the issue has not gone away. It looks like 10.3 will be the permanent solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's February 4, 2014 and still have problems with flash and sound. I am using windows 7, IE 9.  I built a website beavermjr.info and when the site loads it's supposed to say "Beaver M J R". I am unable to get the site to say Beaver. It starts after the first word.

The weird thing is that the animation sounds fine if I use Firefox version 26.

I downloaded the latest player from the adobe website and it did not fix the problem. What else can I do? Add a slight delay to the beginning of my animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beta version 11.7.700.191 works.

Hope to see asap final release available. There are so many users with 11.7.700.169 installed that you can't imagine.A disaster !!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

axelov2 wrote:

There are so many users with 11.7.700.169 installed that you can't imagine.A disaster !!!!!!!!!!!

You act like all Flash Player users are affected by this bug.  In fact it's very few; I don't know anybody who is experiencing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, we are being affected, we got almost 300 support requests from our clients. It's happening every day since 11.7.700.169 released, our clients can't use webcam and mic with our video interviewing platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you .It seems that it fixed.

When you think you will release it ? it is very importand .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version fixed the problem we were having with our Flash application, thanks for jumping on this and hope you promote the fix to a general release soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris

At the risk of sounding like an idiot (I'm not), all of this information doesn't seem to tell me what I should actually DO to fix this bug. Perhaps you are using terms which someone like me - reasonably tech-savvy, but a techie - cannot decode. I'm not even sure what is meant by a 'Beta'. I don't know what you mean by 'available in the release channel'. I'm pretty sure I've asked for automatic updates from Adobe but I still have the problem with my audio (i.e., when editing websites in Moonfruit and listening BBC online radio at the same time, the sound cuts out every time I move from one page to another). I haven't had this problem with anything else, e.g. youtube, spotify, Media Player.

There are several links on the page which your message directs me to, but I am not really clear what any of them does or which one actually fixes the problem.

I'd be very grateful for any clarification you can offfer.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! You've expressed EXACTLY the way I've been feeling regarding the use of internal tech vocabulary. I had to call my local Mac repair shop to ask what a "beta" is.  I am so grateful you pointed these terms out to them, for all of us "reasonably tech-savvy" people. Let's hope the issue is fixed very soon--it's been too long already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix this immediately, you'll need to install the appropriate installer located here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

If you'd rather not have a beta release on your system you can wait for the official update currently scheduled in the next few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris, I will do that.

I'm grateful that I now know what to do very clearly. However, I still do not know what you mean by a beta or a beta release. I am assuming from what you say that  it is something to do with getting an advance version of various updates. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance and best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, any idea when the general release be ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris, thanks for all the keeping up with us and stuff.  I have an issue and i'm not sure if this was already discussed (if so sorry). Windows 8 IE 10 I'm getting an error tying to downgrade my customers to the beta.  The message i'm getting is

The installation encountered errors:

Your Microsoft Explorer browser includes the latest version on the Adobe Flash Player built-in. Windows Update will inform you when new versions of Flash Player are available.

I have done my research and I cannot find how to fix this issue.  I have ran the uninstaller multiple times and restarted blah blah all the goodies.  It will not let me install the beta.

Please help..... any idea how to get beta running on hundreds of my customers machines?

The beta work's great it seems like and I wouldn't mind installing the beta on all their machines till the final release (which seems like a few weeks away)

Thanks again, Tim

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Any more definite information on the release of 11.7.700.191 to General Availability?  We have a number of customers asking us about it. 

BTW, this beta does fix the problem I reported on #3539635.

Thanks

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

I'm never scared of asking what looks like a stupid question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you its fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While watching videos and streams on Youtube or Twitch sound just disappears, I updated to Flash Player 11.7.700.191 Beta and the problem persists. I am using Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the beta version and while I don't have audio problems I'm still getting problems with the videos restarting completely after only a few minutes. Any idea what the problem with that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Iritchi12 - No idea, could you take a look at this FAQ and see if the troubleshooting steps help?  If not, please enter a bug report so we can investigate further.

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

@aprestonelt - The final release will have a different version number but functionally they are very similar.  Our beta program focuses on upcoming releases and we switched over to the 11.8 beta this afternoon.  We do not have builds that you can certify for our upcoming minor releases but we've received this request before and we'll continue to evaluate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines