• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11 Download Time Out???

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2011 Oct 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mein System ist Windows XP 32-bit. Von gestern auf heute konnte ich weder online Filme ansehen noch Facebookspiele spielen. Ich habe herausgefunden das es daran liegt, dass meine Flash Player Version zu alt war. Also habe ich die alte deinstalliert und mir die 11er runtergeladen. Allein die Rar Datei runter zu laden hat mich schon 1 Std gekostet. Das entpacken plus starten der Installation dann nurnoch ein paar Sekunden. Der Download hat wunderbar geklappt, bis er 12% erreicht hat. Dann passierte eine Weile nichts mehr und dann wurde angezeigt "Download Timeout" Als einzige möglichkeit wurde mir angeboten die Installation abzubrechen. Was ich auch gemacht habe. Die Rar Datei war gelöscht. Seit dem habe ich es ettliche male versucht, auch von anderen Seiten als der Adobe Seite aber bis jetzt nur mit dem Erfolg das es varriert ob bei 12, 14 oder 15% diese Meldung erscheint. Mein PC ist seit dem auch extrem langsam geworden. Kann mir jemand helfen? P.S. Komme aus Deutschland falls das von nöten sein sollte LOL

Danke!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl. I just followed all your steps and I still got the same time out

problem again. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file are you trying to download when the time out occurs?

Did you complete this?

After the install.

Click Start, type msconfig.exe, press Enter, click Normal startup, click ok, click Restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I followed the steps I tried to download this flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I did complete your "after the install" step....but I don't see how that

step is relevant since the install did not complete. It timed out after 12%.

Should I try it again with a different link for installation?

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anna

After I followed the steps I tried to download this flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Going to that page was not one of the steps.

This is the link that you should have used: Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

????  No message text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-tried all the steps and went I went to install via the link:" Flash

Player for Internet Explorer" but the page did not load anything. It came

up with a pop-up blocker type meesage at the top, and I clicked and

"allowed file" or downloaded file. then the page loaded completely blank

with a google copyright message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU CARL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

I printed the instructions off and followed them to a t.  No luck.  I think I made it to step 7 but when I went to http://getadobe.com/flashplayer/ no prompt came up saying run.

I clicked the download button again because i had no choice to do anything else.  i t just redownloaded and then tried to reinstall, but timed out at 12 again.  :

Rob

For security reason, Firefox doesn't have a Run option, so you have to download the files to your local machine and then after closing Firefox, run them.

If you say you got as far as step #7, then you already achieved the goal of installing the plugin in Firefox and you should be able to see it listed by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+A and then going to the Plugins menu. Flash will be listed as "Shockwave Flash 11.1.102.55".

In IE, you should see the Run button as shown in the screenshot after you click the "Download" button on the Adobe link:

install_flash_ie.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Shockwave flashplayer is there when I opened mozilla and clicked ctrlshiftA. (see attached jpg). I still can not open a flash video. It says I need to update and then it takes me to the never ending loop of getting to the 12% crash time.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

Yes, Shockwave flashplayer is there when I opened mozilla and clicked ctrlshiftA.  (see attached jpg)

There is no image attached. So you see Shockwave Flash, but is it enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Shockwave flashplayer is there and it appears to be enabled (as there is a option to disable it). I attached the jpg this time.

Thanks for the continuous effort.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no image in your post; you need to use the camera icon in the editor to attach an image.

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 7:19 PM

To: Rockin' Robbie

Subject: Flash Player 11 Download Time Out???

Re: Flash Player 11 Download Time Out???

created by ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ in Using Flash Player - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to sign in to say thanks ina way:

save all your work pass words etc...

1. Internet options, Locate advance tab.  at the very bottom it tells you reset IE9  that is what got my flash player working.

Holy cow what a  headache it was. to follow such detail.   Never saying it was wrong.

Adobe thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it was not Flash Player that was the problem but somehow a setting was messed up on Internet Explorer which broke the Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that flashplayer is working, I am going through the same issue with Adobe reader so I can see pdf’s. Sheesh. Hopefully I can figure out this one by myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rockin\' Robbie wrote:

Now that flashplayer is working, I am going through the same issue with Adobe reader so I can see pdf’s.  Sheesh.  Hopefully I can figure out this one by myself.

In case you need it, here's the link to the Adobe Reader Support Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off all antivirus before installing! this fixed it for me on both IE9 and Firefox11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines